What's new

Amazon.com sending to Europe (1 Viewer)

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I usually have good service from Amazon.com but I believe this time it is terrible. My order was sent out on March 31 with an expected date of April 26, 2010. I received an email on April 22, stating that orders in Europe may be a few days delayed due to the Volcano. Someone not in Germany, stated his order has slightly delayed (circa 2 days). I have send 2 messages to Amazon and received replies from ""Mohamad I." and "Yasser A" and both stated that I have to wait until June 8th before a replacement would be sent out.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
For some reason, Amazon sends things to me In Munich via New Zealand

It is all about scale and efficiency.

Amazon maintains a number of different warehouses around the U.S. and elsewhere and ships from the most convenient one that has a given product in stock. The volcano has disrupted air transport worldwide, cargo as well as passenger flights. These are scheduled so tightly that when something gums up the work it has a domino effect, a delay of one flight at one airport causes the delay of four flights at another airport, that kind of thing. So it isn't terribly surprising that international orders are being delayed. A plane crash at a major cargo hub can have a similar effect on shipping in a smaller area and for a shorter period of time, but the effect is much the same.

Regards,

Joe

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i'm in Canada; i ordered some blu-rays from amazon UK. it shipped out on 5/15 and i received it 5/20! that's fast though, i had 2 other orders since april and they both took about 2 weeks.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Just to further confound any attempt to make sense of all this, my copy of Band of Brothers arrived today - and for all I know could have come in on Saturday, since I had the package shipped to my office. So I hold it in my hands a mere 11 days after placing the order - half the estimate time and even quicker than I got Gone with the Wind. I tell you they do this just to mess with our heads.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks