What's new

Amazon BOGO sale on HD DVDs 12/11/07 (now DEAD) (1 Viewer)

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Is there any particular reason that while all software (Blu-Ray) sale threads have been moved to the HTF Marketplace > Bargains and Deals section of the forum, this thread has been allowed to stay here in the 'HT Software - High Definition' section? Certainly smacks of an official bias to me, something that has been allured to by a few earlier but strongly denied officially. What's more, is that this very same thread is also running in the 'HTF Marketplace/Bargains and Deals' section. Is that something the forum rules condone?

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
This thread being in the HD-Software section, is most certainly not a big deal or a problem at all. But having two sets of rules, is most certainly a problem and a "big deal".

Personally I would much rather have such threads be in this, the 'HT Software - High Definition' section of the forum. Now that all Blu-Ray 'Sales' related threads have been moved to the 'HTF Marketplace/Bargains and Deals' section, it is far more inconvenient for me, as I am sure it is for a lot of others who may be interested in 'deals' on Blu-Ray software.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Personally, I prefer the threads about bargains and deals to be in the Bargains and Deals section, but I read both areas anyway. :)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
This is a RARE thread - first of its kind?

Meanwhile - anyone else being limited to $1.33 discount per HD order as of today?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
We've decided to relax the deals postings (allowing them in both here and the Bargains/Deals area) because these deals come and go so quickly (you have to be nimble these days to catch the online deals), and not everyone reads both areas, but low cost HDM is of interest for those who read the high def areas, and the bargain/deals areas. We will work on inserting the date of the deal so readers knows when the deals originated, and also re-title threads when the deals go dead.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Ordered Superman Returns, Corpse Bride, Polar Express and 12 Monkeys on the first day, and they should be here Monday.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up, but nothing I wanted.

Side question - does the word 'bogo' have any meaning in US slang? In the UK, they're know as 'BOGOF' sales, pronounced 'bog off', which is mild swearing (means 'go away').

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Thanks for the clarification and I personally am in total agreement with this policy and the logic behind it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

i'm puzzled by your post.
what are you reponding to?

ReggieW

Screenwriter

This is strange......

I could swear that I posted this in the format comparison thread where the last few posts were about the Planet Earth HD sets staying power.

Mods, please feel free to move this to that thread at your leisure.

I really don't know how this got here?!

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew

Two Hi Def Media fans walk into a grocery store.

One says "I heard that Tropicana orange juice is outselling Sunny Delight 2:1!"

The Other hi def media fan rightly says "only because Tropican has been having bogo's every time Sunny Delight has a new flavor."

Then I walk out of the store patting myself on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks