What's new

Amazing Race Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Extra arrangements would need to be made for the rounds after the NELs to accomodate the unplanned for camera crews and associated support staff for the team that was not eliminated.

I don't buy the conspiracy though. Two is the normal number of NELs, and they are usually late in the season.

I'm more willing to believe the ROMBER plane delayed conspiracy theory from a couple of games ago.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Nope. Non-elims are planned in advance. There were none in the first half of the race, so they're alternating now to get to the final three.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
finally got some time to watch an ep this season. The greece episode was it, and it was VERY fun, as I've come to expect from this show.

BJ and Tyler are fun to watch, but they look absolutley nuts :)..

Are they gone yet?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I like all three teams in the finale. Even though BJ/Tyler are my favorite, Eric/Jeremy dominated the entire time and deserve it.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
What AnthonyC said, what a fun episode last night and the right three teams made the final.

2 hour episode next week!

Jay

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yep. If you just randomly throughout a NEL, it would be a logistical nightmare. CBS already clears X number of spaces on international flights to make sure that their people fly 1/2/3 different flight options. If a leg which was to be an elimination is flipped and becomes an NEL, then the next leg would have CBS scrambling to get security clearance, free up room on a plane that would be much farther booked, get extra cars at the next location, reconfigure the road blocks/detours to support an extra team. Add to that the extra camera crew that you would need for the next leg plus the insurance that CBS would now have to reconfigure for liability on a team that wasn't supposed to be there.

I just can't see logistically how they could do an NEL unplanned without it being a major expense.

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
great show last night. the one thing about BJ and Tyler...those dudes are most positive people I've ever seen on a reality show. They start the leg in last place with no money, no shoes, no pants...they keep a cool ass attitude and come in first. I'm rooting for them all the way. They're fun to watch.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I'm rooting for the Hippies too, but expect the frats to win. Ray and Yolanda really don't deserve it, but they've hung in so that's worth something. Damn you Lake as in the sewer! :) Unless Fran and Barry get 3 more points for being blind and winning a leg, I'm out of the contest though it's going to be a real close race with lots of points.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Is it me,or has anybody else fallen for Yolanda?? She looks exceptional in the skin tight lycra:)

Brent

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Loved it. :D Second time in reality show history that my pre-season favorite won (Tom from Survivor: Palau was first). Go Hippies!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
By far the best final leg of the race. Being spared one of those, who can find a cab first and whose cab navigates the traffic fastest was always disappointing.

I really liked the flag idea and found it interesting that neither the frat boys nor the hippies picked up on the Russian flag at first. My wife and I presumed that they must have been thinking of the old U.S.S.R. flag (especially as the hippies said that the Russian flag was not there at first).

The final contest also had a nice balance between the intellect and the physical.

Personally I disliked the frat boys more and more as time went on—and conversely liked the hippies more and more.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
See, it worked the other way for me - the hippies were so intent on mugging for the camera and telling us how goofy and free-spirited they were that they started to get annoying, while the beach bums sort of got snarky-funny once the girls weren't around to be their main focus.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds

You're aware that the show has already been shot by the time it airs, right? They'd have to guess who the audience was going to respond to and then rig it for them.

Instead, knowing who wins and what happens during the race, they use editing -- what they include and don't include -- to shape the audience's impression of each team. They clearly wanted the hippies to be loveable underdogs who were just out to have a great time.

This isn't a bad thing -- it makes for compelling TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks