What's new

Amazing Race Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised by all the harsh feelings on display last night.

Why do the hippies have it out for Mojo? I can kind of understand Mojo not liking the hippies since the hippies said they would Yield Mojo if given the chance.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I'm sure at this point in the race when it's a 1 in 5 chance for a million, the stress gets to be a bit much.

I'm definitely rooting for the BJ and Tyler, or Ray and Yolanda. Although considering how the hippies seemed to be right behind MoJo for most of this leg, telling them that they would yield them is probably not the best plan.

So BJ and Tyler made $300 on the plane.. I didn't think they'd have any trouble getting money.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
"It's not faaaiiir! Waaaahhhhhhh....."

SHUT UP!

Man this thing is getting ugly.

I'm disappointed that I came so close to finally not getting annoyed by a team in a Race then BAM!, the every 5 minute "we-hate-them-for-no-good-reason" quotes started coming.

Good ep though.:)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Anybody else want MoJo to fall into a crevice and never be heard from again? I can't believe they have the audacity to complain about being yielded when they were more than OK with cancelling their cabs. Talk about scum. They should consider themselves lucky. If they would have cancelled my cab I would have cut their brakes on their car while they were waiting to finish the yield. :)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
MoJo didn't cancel the cabs, Eric and Jeremy did. They just thought MoJo did it because their cab was the only one that showed up.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I just wonder why Joseph didn't tell the other teams that it was the frat boys who were the ones that cancelled the cab. Also, funny how the frat boys cancelling other teams' cabs, ended up backfiring on them.

I had a feeling something was not right about MoJo, but they flew under radar until Lake got eliminated. I hate them just as much as I hate Lake.

I have to admit though, I am enjoying the rivalries between the teams.

Nice to see R&Y win this leg of the race, and I hope they make it to the finals.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I realize they didn't actually cancel the cab, but they sat around approvingly while Eric and Jeremy were doing it. Same thing IMO.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
As opposed to, what, running over to tell the other teams that their cabs had been canceled? That just shifts who might act vindictively toward them later.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I guess we all see things differently. I saw Joseph slapping Eric and Jeremy's back and laughing it up with them as they cancelled the cabs, and Jo even making a statement like "when they find out we cancelled the cabs". I guess some would interpret that as MoJo were so fearful of the vengence of Eric and Jeremy so they only pretended to be having a great time laughing it up as Eric and Jeremy cancelled the cabs. I didn't see it that way. IMO, Jo was just as much a part of cancelling the cabs as Jeremy and Eric, that is why he didn't defend himself at the ticket counter, because he knew he was busted.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Was anyone else coughing "fix" when the hippies weren't eliminated again? I love the hippies, but when they weren't eliminated for a second time... it's obvious they want them racing to the finish -- not necessarily for the win, but for the final episode.

BJ racing without shoes should be fun though. Why BJ, why, did you take the "shortcut"?!

Doug

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I was saying "fix" too after last week's ep. To finish last 2 out of 3 weeks and have them BOTH be non-elimination rounds? Argh...

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
so, you don't believe that the "non elimination" legs are "pre-determined" as the show claims?

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I believe that shows will go to great lengths to keep up their ratings. I don't think a claim that the "non elimination" legs are "pre determined" is enough to allay my fears.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's a good conspiracy theory, but in practical terms, unless you assume that the producers are willing to screw around with how many camera crews they're carrying and making arrangements for different amounts of lodging, security, and people handling all the tasks on the next leg, it seems pretty unlikely. The race is already a logistical nightmare and expensive for an unscripted show, and I find it hard to believe that they're either going to pay to always keep a camera crew available in case they decide to throw a non-elimination leg in or scramble to accomodate a last-minute decision to include another team.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Would it really be that hard? All you have to do is see who finishes last, then say "non-elimination."

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
What's even more messed up, is having a Yield in a non-elimination leg!

I wonder if there will be a Fast Forward in the next leg, when it's down to the Final 4.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Yes. Logistics include insuring there are enough clues printed and in the boxes, having enough cars (if one is provided in that leg), arrangements for the extra camera crew that wouldn't normally be there, alerting Phil at the last moment (at least on this leg, there was no way possible to know which team was going to be last), arrangements for roadblocks and detours, and arrangements for the pit stop accomedations.

Is it plausible, yes, probably, no. They have stated before how hard it is to stay one step ahead of the teams as it is, much less have to quickly make new/extra arrangements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks