What's new

Am I the only one looking forward to Wario World more than Mario Sunshine? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's jsut being apprehensive about the whole "cleaning up pollution" thing, but from what I've read so far, I'm really looking forward to seing what Wario World can do. The GB games have all been great, and there's just something fun about a game motivated by greed.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
What you'll hear from most people:
'Just have faith in Miyamoto. I'm sure he'll deliver the goods. Just realize that many of us haven't yet seen the game in action and - rest assured - we will not be disappointed."

While I don't disagree with that, I am somehow more captivated by Wario World as well. Perhaps Mario's water pack reminds me too much Luigi's ghostbusting pack. But "kudos to Miyamoto" for being inventive with the 3D platforming genre.

Joseph

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Chris Bardon
Just have faith in Miyamoto. I'm sure he'll deliver the goods. Just realize that many of us haven't yet seen the game in action and - rest assured - we will not be disappointed.
(I'm sorry guys I just couldn't resist. :D )

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Mario Sunshine isn't just about cleaning pollution. In fact, the stuff isn't really pollution, its just goo that sprouts baddies. Its more like an evil ink.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Well I haven't seen this game in action yet, but going by the screens, I havent seen anything that would get me to pick up SMS. All the shots I have seen have looked simply horrendus!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The sequel to Hedwig and the Angry Inch:
Mario and the Evil Ink.
:laugh: :laugh:
6 inches forward and 5 inches back. Mario's gotta , hes gotta remove the evil ink!
EDIT:
First song on the soundtrack:
1. Its just goo that sprouts baddies
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Well I haven't seen this game in action yet, but going by the screens, I havent seen anything that would get me to pick up SMS. All the shots I have seen have looked simply horrendus!
The screenshots do the game little to no justice. Have you watched any of the movies?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
True Romier, very true. It looks like a good game, I just don't know if it's the game I'll get a cube for. Now if Metroid prime turns out well and they actually deliver Zelda before the end of they year...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Chris,
In case you did not notice I was being facetious. I had to use Josephs words because its incredible true that most of us say the same thing.."Its Miyamoto, dont worry". I am actually very much looking forward to SMS and I do believe those words myself but the door was to wide open for me not to walk in;).
Back to topic though, to be honest I have never played any of the Wario games so I really don't know what to expect from this 3d sequel..I'm open to anything though (Gaming wise that is :D)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Remember the "greed is good" monologue from Wall Street? Imagine a game based on that, and you have Wario Land. Basically, get as many material assets as possible. There also seems to be more emphasis on puzzles than on precision jumping. I know that in 3, you had to make clever use of some of the different forms Wario could take (bat, zombie etc), and 4 looks to be fairly similar but without the immortality.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I have to admit to being a big Nintendo fan but, if SMS looks bad the what in the world looks good?
-Andre F

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
if SMS looks bad the what in the world looks good?
Well I meant 'looks', as in graphics. All the screens I have seen (on IGN) are riddled with absolutely horrible jaggies, and very low res textures, they just seem like a 1st generation N64 game. Like I said though, I haven't seen the videos yet, just haven't gotten excited enough about them.
And by the way, I am a huge nintendo fan, so I'm not just nintendo bashing here.
As to what in the world looks good, Well Resident Evil was just beautiful. Oh, and Dead or Alive Volleyball looks rather nice too! :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Watch the videos of SMS. The screenshots don't do this game justice, it really has to be seen in video form.

Ashley C.

Auditioning
YES YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GAME. I HAVN'T EVEN HEARD OF IT BEFORE! THE ONE TIME I DID SEE IT THE GRAPHICS WERE HORRIBLE:star:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks