What's new

am I a dummy? (1 Viewer)

DarylA

Agent
Hello-
I am connecting my pc to my Onkyo receiver so I can have better sound of my mp3's etc. Not unreasonable right? I'm not the first one to do this. I have followed all the directions for proper connection (line out to aux/tape in, use 1/8 plug with 2 rca's etc). I have it all ready to go and all I get is sound from the left channel (which sounds great BTW). I double checked and I am using a stereo plug for the line out of the computer, not mono. What am I doing wrong? Any help? Do I need to do anything with the NVIDIA nForce sound card? Enable or Disable something? Frustrated and anxious. Any help? Thanks.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Did you make sure the balance is right in the PC, make sure the plug is in the back of the PC right? Move the plug around and see if the right channel flutters on at all. Make sure the 2 audio cables are secure in the adapter. I have a standard audio card, so I don't know about any settings you can change there. I'm guessing stereo sound worked on here with your PC speakers?

I tried this with my old PC 4-5 years ago, and I could only get a mono signal. I have the same hookup you have now, and although it isn't a digital signal, it still serves its purpose. It's nice considering I moved all my CDs onto my HDD.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
did you swap your left/right rca plugs? that'll tell you if you have a bad cable or not. otherwise, when you listen on your pc, do you get stereo? if so, then you know it's an issue outside your pc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks