What's new

Altman's Short Cuts available in Germany - but dubbed? (1 Viewer)

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...according to the dvd-mann site the disc does indeed sport only a German-dubbed soundtrack, no English... but then, of course you know that the *a*v*e*r*a*g*e* German moviegoer would have to be forced at gunpoint to watch a movie in the original language - be that English, French, Japanese, whatever...

. . . . . .

Tanja

Agent
@hendrik: wow so i guess the americans are the first when it comes to prejudices hah? LOL

and i guess you wrote this because you know all average germans, all who never watch movies in a foreign language?

congratulations. great post :rolleyes

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
"...the *a*v*e*r*a*g*e* German moviegoer..."

Tanja: read my lips: ich sagte der *d*u*r*c*h*s*c*h*n*i*t*t*l*i*c*h*e* deutsche Kinobesucher... und bleibe dabei (aus persoenlicher Erfahrung, jawohl!)...

uebrigens: dasselbe gilt fuer den *d*u*r*c*h*s*c*h*n*i*t*t*l*i*c*h*e*n* franzoesischen (aus persoenlicher Erfahrung, jawohl!), italienischen (wieder aus persoenlicher Erfahrung, jawohl!) und - moeglicherweise, da bin ich mir nicht sicher - spanischen Kinobesucher: sie alle wollen einen Film nur in der jeweiligen (eigenen) Landessprache sehen...

. . . . . .

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
und die amis nicht?

...well, with the exception of, perhaps, anime and, again perhaps, martial arts movies(*), by and large the answer is NO - "foreign" (i.e. non-American, of course - but also non-British, non Australian, non-New Zealand, and non-English-language Canadian) movies are (almost) always shown WITH SUBTITLES, except where an 'English-language version' is made BY THE ORIGINAL MAKERS OF THE MOVIE (for instance: the German movie "Anatomie"/"Anatomy" - even the original German DVD of that original German movie has an optional English soundtrack) ...

...note that the Dutch, 'Flemish'-speaking Belgians, Danes, Swedes, Norwegians, Finns do NOT dub movies - with the exception, of course, of children's feature cartoons (e.g. "The Lion King")...

(*)...of course, real, 'serious' fans of such movies will always want to watch the original version, not a dubbed one...

. . . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks