What's new

Alternative SW cover art... (1 Viewer)

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Excellent work, Ric. It's always difficult to make photo montages work (esp. when the images are all from totally different sources as they are here), but I think you pulled this one off wonderfully. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Nice job, Ric! YAre you writing the copy for the boxes too or taking it from the original releases.

I may have to download your Insurrection cover btw. I had put the 40 disc TOS dvds in a cd travel case to compact them. I had extra room at the end so I put all the 1 disc movies in the back including the TNG stuff. Then the TNG box sets and 2 disc collectors' editions threw everything out of wack so I have a homeless Isurrection disc (and it doesn't look like I'm going to that 2 disc version. :frowning: )

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
See [INSERT STUDIO NAME HERE, especially the ones who love BIG HEAD COVER ART]? Ric gets it right, with regards to cover art...why not hire him?

Excellent job, as always Ric! Keep up the great work! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
Great cover art , BUT I didn't notice Chewbacca. How can there not be a "Chewie" on there?! :D

Still looks great though!:D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again folks. I wrote the copy on the back, with a little help from a friend. As for Chewie, he made it on the B version, but I fear it looks a little crowded.

I'll give Indy some thought, thought there are already some covers out there. I basically did a convert of the box. As for ST: Insurrection, wait a week on that one and the CE version will be up.

Ric

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Ric, how about a custom cover art for the Musical Journey DVD? There were rumors of an Aramay case version but this appears to be false. This would be soooooooooooooo appreciated. :)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Where did the Musical Journey DVD come from anyway? Was it with the soundtrack? I'll consider it, especially if I get ajold of one.

Actually, I've been thinking of doing a second cover to hold any other SW discs folks may have, ie: Clone Wars, R2D2: Under the Dome...whatever. Obviously, it won't go into alot of details since everyone's supplemental collection will probably be a little different. No ideas have hit me yet though, so I'll probably wait a bit.

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Been having a few problems today. My server has been rebooting their system. Looks like things are back working... again!

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Sten,

Could you pm me with where you found that? The basic design looks like that of a talented custom cover artist I know, 'cept it looks like someone else may have slapped those pictures on the front.

Ric

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Ric, you're talented, but also insane ;) --Version B is an improvement over Version A! Please be sure to keep it available.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Those pictures came from here, and unless the artist who made those years ago also made this (and I doubt it, considering he hasn't put up any new work in years), I'd say this "artist" stole someone else's work.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Not only is Chewie in Version B, but everyone is too off-centered in Version A. The character placements in Version B seem much more balanced to me...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks