What's new

Alright--I want to hear the TRUTH about Bose! (1 Viewer)

Gralen

Stunt Coordinator
I being of sound mind was a former Bose user. I had the 201 in my system and said that is good. One day I came across a forum called the home theater forum whose members said Bose are bad. One day as I go forth to a stereo store I came across some thing called B and W speakers and heard detail and clarity that I have never heard before. And then I said Bose are bad. I went forth to another Store and heard Mirage OM 10 and and said Mirage are good. I bought the Mirage and let set forth on that day that Bose shall be banish to the back of my system. I heard saxes that I didnt know were in songs. I heard cow bells that were faint of heart on the 201. And then I bought celestion that sounded so good and were of such clarity I decide to banish the Bose from my system. The floorstanding celestion cost 200 dollars. The bose were 250 and were book shelves.And finally I said This is good. Sorry for the long winded commentary but that is how I feel about Bose. Let's just say I seen the light uuhh heard the sound of the truth

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
One of my close friends, attractive female, has a spa with built in Bose speakers. She is always so proud of the Bose speakers. I don't have the heart to put her in her place. Matt

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Maybe thats been it all along.. for them to sound good they have to be wet? They just forgot to tell everyone.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't care what kind of speakers an attractive female friend had in her spa. If she raved about her Bose speakers I would just say I would love to hear them ;) .

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Ha. I usually just keep quiet by taking another sip of beer. Doesn't matter how attractive a woman can be, I will never say I'd love to hear her Bose speakers. Matt

Jorge M

Stunt Coordinator
That brings up a good point: Bose does seem to sell a lot of in-ceiling speakers to restaurants, stores, etc. Sometimes you'll even see one of their "bass modules" hanging from the rafters in a store. Does anyone have any experience / opinions on those? Are they still overpriced for what you get?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Please use the SEARCH function.

It saves all this silly effort of bose-bashing. It's all been said before. Paradigm is my favorite entry-level brand to reccomend because it's easy to find and excellent value and performance. There are also similar brands out there that you will discover quickly on the forums.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
When my sister moved back to our home state a couple of years ago she bought a house and told me she wanted me to help her get a sound system. I was all for it. She took her Boyfriend with her to Fry's looking at different speakers and they had a Bose demonstration. She bought a acoustimass satellite system with that crappy cross-over sub.

She called me to tell me guess what I got a Bose system. I was horrified she'd paid $1100 for it. I had already been looking at a Klipsch setup for less than that. I asked her if she could take it back LOL. This wasn't based on how they sounded as I had yet to hear them but based on the fact that I could've gotten her a better setup with speakers I had heard for Less.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
We use bose speaker in compusa. Um... as far as sound quality? Its in a 60,000 sq ft building! Dunlavy's hanging for the rafters and SVS subs in every corner wouldnt sound any bett..... wait they proably would. :D

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Chris...do a search!

Also if you guys will notice....The guy that started this thread hasn't even chimed in. Dropping the bait to the sharks! LOL

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In his question, he already stated that he was skeptical of Bose quality, which is why he asked. Could have been chum in the water too though...

"Friends don't let friends buy Bose."

Dick Boneske

Stunt Coordinator
I have never heard Bose speakers in a home, including mine, that sounded impressive. The HT demo at
Bose stores is tailored to the limited frequency range of their speakers. The demo does not, however, cover up the complete lack of low frequency info below about 50 Hz. I asked about using someone else's subwoofer, and they couldn't understand what I was talking about. Maybe none of the Bose people ever heard true HT with good low end.

My 2000 Pontiac Bonneville, however, with the Bose factory CD player, does sound pretty impressive. I have heard words and music on familiar tunes that were not audible with other car stereos I've owned--factory or afermarket. Bose does do these systems right, but you also pay the price!!

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Dick Boneske:

Do you really think the people at the Blose Store will even talk to you about using non-Bose speakers in their system? Hell, bet a lot of people that work there have non-Bose systems.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Bose still has that huge tractor trailer with the demo inside. Chairs and all. It was in the parking lot at a big Hi-Fi show years ago. The demo was fun and didn't sound half bad. The video also tended to be as much of interest as the sound. Of course everything was set-up to perfection. And there was nothing to compare it to. Didn't prompt me to buy anything Bose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks