Alpine HU reset codes?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Andy Goldstein, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein Stunt Coordinator

hey gang! i'm usually over in the HT forums, but this one fits here:

a friend of mine gave me some old alpine gear a year ago: a head unit, 3 amps, an eq. the eq and amps are going in my jeep, but the HU is going in the boat.

heres the prob: the HU comes on and says "HOT", the cd is inop, and the tuner is at a very low volume. i am assuming the HU thinks it's stolen, 'cause it aint hot here [​IMG]. i know this guy, it's not stolen. he bought all the stuff new.

the HU is a model 7802, btw. anybody know how to reset the thing? or should i just go get another 50 dollar cheapy HU.

ag.

2. David.G

David.G Stunt Coordinator

mmmm....Alpines i didn't know had a ESN security like Eclipse. I don't think it means its stolen. its probably hot, check the space behind it to make sure it doesn't heat up the rear of the HU. If anything just ask a dealer.

3. Andy Goldstein

its not hot in either sense. its sitting on the deck of the boat, open to the world! and it comes on like that.

i have done several searches on the web, but nada.

anybody else? i really would like to throw this in the dash, rather than spending 50-100 bux for a cheapy cd player.

ag.

4. John Goodwin

John Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like its faulty then :[

"hot" is an alpine error message,from the manual it states:

"protective circuit is activated due to high temperature,the amplifier becomes to output restriction state".

I think you'll need to have an alpine dealer look at this unit unfortunately [​IMG]

5. John Goodwin

John Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like its faulty then :[

"hot" is an alpine error message,from the manual it states:

"protective circuit is activated due to high temperature,the amplifier becomes to output restriction state".

I think you'll need to have an alpine dealer look at this unit unfortunately [​IMG]

6. Andy Goldstein

well, thats sure not worth it for a free cd player. oh well, i can get a cheapo unit for 50 bux to throw in the boat. thanx for the info!

ag.