What's new

Alpine HU reset codes? (1 Viewer)

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
hey gang! i'm usually over in the HT forums, but this one fits here:

a friend of mine gave me some old alpine gear a year ago: a head unit, 3 amps, an eq. the eq and amps are going in my jeep, but the HU is going in the boat.

heres the prob: the HU comes on and says "HOT", the cd is inop, and the tuner is at a very low volume. i am assuming the HU thinks it's stolen, 'cause it aint hot here :). i know this guy, it's not stolen. he bought all the stuff new.

the HU is a model 7802, btw. anybody know how to reset the thing? or should i just go get another 50 dollar cheapy HU.

ag.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
mmmm....Alpines i didn't know had a ESN security like Eclipse. I don't think it means its stolen. its probably hot, check the space behind it to make sure it doesn't heat up the rear of the HU. If anything just ask a dealer.

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
its not hot in either sense. its sitting on the deck of the boat, open to the world! and it comes on like that.

i have done several searches on the web, but nada.

anybody else? i really would like to throw this in the dash, rather than spending 50-100 bux for a cheapy cd player.

ag.

John Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like its faulty then :[

"hot" is an alpine error message,from the manual it states:

"protective circuit is activated due to high temperature,the amplifier becomes to output restriction state".

I think you'll need to have an alpine dealer look at this unit unfortunately :frowning:

John Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like its faulty then :[

"hot" is an alpine error message,from the manual it states:

"protective circuit is activated due to high temperature,the amplifier becomes to output restriction state".

I think you'll need to have an alpine dealer look at this unit unfortunately :frowning:

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
well, thats sure not worth it for a free cd player. oh well, i can get a cheapo unit for 50 bux to throw in the boat. thanx for the info!

ag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks