What's new

Almost had my Elite Pro720! Ugh! (1 Viewer)

Francesca

Auditioning
Well I just have to vent! After weeks of waiting for my Pro Elite 720 to come in from Pioneer I finally had a confirmed delivery time.
I was told that they would be here between 11 to 2 today Yahoo! I was also getting the Elite VSX-49TX THX Ultra2 A/V Receiver and the Elite DV-47A DVD Audio, Multi-Channel SACD, DVD Video Player. The truck shows up an hour late and they bring the set into my living room. While they were unpacking the RPTV they scratched the front of the tv screen. I was praying that it had the protective screen in place till I realized with horror it was the box with the protective screen still inside that scratched the unprotected screen. I could not believe my bad luck!

Once I got my sanity back I looked at the delivery people and said I don't think I will sign for the set. I now have to wait till Monday to find out when Pioneer will be sending out another set.

To console my grief I set up the DV-47A DVD player to my 27 inch RCA and watched a movie and tried to imagine what it would be like to have seen it on a big screen.

Anyway here is what my system will be once I get the TV.

Receiver:Elite VSX-49TX THX Ultra2 A/V Receiver
DVD:Elite DV-47A DVD Audio, Multi-Channel SACD, DVD Video Player
HDTV RPTV: Elite PRO-720HD
Front Speakers: Energy Veritas V2.4 speaker system
Subwoofer: M&K
Center Speaker: M&K Center-750THX
Surround Channel Speakers: M&K S1B Satellites
Rear Channel Speakers: M&K 100-TV
Dat Recorder: Panasonic SV-DA10
CD Recorder: Tascam CD-RW700
CD Player & Tape Recorder Combo: Tascam CD-A500
Home Theater Reference Power Center: Monster Cable HTS-5100
Voltage Stabilizer: Monster AVS2000

Near Future Purchases:
Pioneer Elite PD-F27 - 301 Disc CD Player
Energy Veritas V2.0R Rear Surrounds

Cheers,
Francesca

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Francesca, you deserve a break today. Put away the vacuum cleaner, talk to your fish, open some windows and enjoy a summer day. Monday will comes when it needs to...
:)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Argh!!
I would have signed for it as damaged, then have them come out to replace the screen. At least you would have had it??
Life sucks sometimes, but Ive found that there is always an upside. :emoji_thumbsup:
Gregg

RalphR

Grip
Hi Francesca!
I have the 49TX and the DV-47A.....great units!
I also have the PRO-620 and the three are awesome to see in action! The tv you're getting was a bit too big for my family room but it looks just as good as mine...just bigger! Trust me, even though you have to wait a bit longer, the wait will be worth it!!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks