What's new

All Time - Greatest Movie Quotes (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
rushmore

max: i like your nurse's uniform, guy.
peter: these are o.r. scrubs.
max: oh, are they?

the way of the gun

longbaugh: there's always free cheese in a mouse trap

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Return Of The Jedi

Moff Jerjerrod: "Lord Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence..."
Darth Vader: "You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I'm here to put you back on schedule."
Moff Jerjerrod: "I assure you, Lord Vader. My men are working as fast as they can."
Darth Vader: "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."
Moff Jerjerrod: "I tell you, this station will be operational as planned."
Darth Vader: "The emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation."
Moff Jerjerrod: "But, he asks the impossible. I need more men!"
Darth Vader: "Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives."
Moff Jerjerrod: "The Emperor's coming here?"
Darth Vader: "That is correct, Commander. And, he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."
Moff Jerjerrod: "We shall double our efforts!"
Darth Vader: "I hope so, Commander, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."

Tim Mauldin

Stunt Coordinator
From "A Few Good Men", watched this just last night.

Col. Jessup - "You want me on that wall. You need me on that wall."

Col. Jessup - "You can't handle the truth!"

Tom Cruise character - "I'm a lawyer and a naval officer, and you're under arrest you son-of-a-bitch."

Justin*Smith

Agent
Here are a few that always seem to be in the front of my mind. Enjoy

Are you driving with your eyes open, or are you like, using the force?--Axel Foley, Beverly Hills Cop II

The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fucked.--Stephen, Braveheart

Hey, come here. I got a nice ZAGNUT bar for ya.--Beetlejuice

What man is a man if he does not make the world better?--Balian, Kingdom of Heaven

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless; that is your oath. [slap] And that is so you remember it. Rise a knight... rise a knight!--Balian of Ibelin, Kingdom of Heaven

My name is Master Chief Billy Sunday. There was a preacher by the same name who cleaned up Chicago of all the whoring spics, drunken wops and motherfucking niggers that was making that place unfit for decent white folks to live. The only difference between me and that old preacher is that he worked for God, and I AM God!--Master Chief Billy Sunday, Men of Honor

Office Space
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Real Name
Andy B
Fists wi'cher toes? Fists wi'cher toes. (Die Hard)

---

Juuuust a bit outside! (Major League)

---

How long did it take you to grow that mustache? I dunno... a couple'a days. (Napoleon Dynomite)

---

[thunk] Stick around. (Predator)

---

It's a question of ethics. (Miller's Crossing)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
"My logic is uncertain where my son is concerned." -Sarek of Vulcan (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)

Tarkin The Ewok Brandon Harbeke

Interesting story behind THAT quote, Brandon. Originally, the line was supposed to be, "My logic FAILS me where my son is concerned," but Mark Lenard, who played Sarek balked, and he and Leonard Nimoy got into a debate about it - since Nimoy directed AND co-wrote the screenplay. Mark said that it did not sound like something a Vulcan would say, and Nimoy dryly asserted that he knew a thing or two about Vulcan philosophy. Mark Lenard retorted, "Yes, but who taught you everything you know?" Supposedly, they had a good laugh, and finally compromised on the line we heard in the movie.

It's not the years, it's the mileage! Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark, when Marion comments that he is not the same man she knew 10 years ago.

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. This is one my brothers and I quote ALL the time: The Sheriff of Nottingham yelled, "Locksley, I'm going to rip your heart out with a spoon!" which seems to have greatly puzzled Guy of Gisborne.

Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe...
Nottingham: Because it's dull you TWIT, it'll HURT more!

When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious shit! Doc Brown Back to the Future

Are you kidding? The shape I'm in, you could donate my body to science fiction! Rodney Dangerfield, Back to School. One of my all time favorite quotes.

Dangerfield had other great lines in that movie as well, such as when he caught his wife in the act with her boyfriend.

Thornton [Rodney]: Hey, Adam and Evil
Giorgio: We were, uh, we were, uh, just looking for some, uh, cocktail napkins!
Thornton: Where, under her dress?
Vanessa: You're impossible!
Thornton: And YOU'RE easy!

Favorite Braveheart scene: The introduction of Steven the Irishman, who bears a strong resemblance to a good friend of mine who is full-blooded Irish. I tease him endlessly that Steven is actually his ancestor.

Steven: [Laughing] Him? This can't be William Wallace, I'm PRETTIER than this man! [Looking up] All right, Father, I'll ask him. [Turns to Wallace] If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
Hamish: Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?
Steven: In order to find his equal, an Irishman is FORCED to talk to God! [Looking up] Yes, Father! The Almighty says, quit changin' the subject, and answer the f--kin' question.
Hamish: Mind your tongue!
Hamish's Father: Insane Irish!

Steven pulls a dagger out of his sleeve, lightning fast, and holds it to the throat of Hamish's father. Wallace, Hamish and several others draw their swords and pin him, even though he still has his dagger at the old man's throat.

Steven: Clever enough to get a dagger past your guards, old man.
Wallace: That's my friend, Irishman, and the answer to your question is, yes, you fight for me, you get to kill the English.
Steven: [Huge grin spreads across his face] Excellent! [pulls his dagger away from Hamish's father and shrugs as the others pull their swords from him] Steven is my name. I'm the most wanted man, on MY island. Except, I'm not on MY island, of course, more's the pity.
Hamish: YOUR island? You mean Ireland?
Steven: Yes, it's MINE!
Hamish: You're a madman!
Steven: [Laughing] I've come to the right place then.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I'll just say anything said by Gunnery Sargeant Hartman in the first hour of Full Metal Jacket:

spoliered for language...

"I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world!"

"God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps!"

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war!"

"I will PT you all until you fucking die!"

"Where in hell are you from anyway, private?" "Sir, Texas, sir!" "Texas? Holy dog shit! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kind of narrows it down! Do you sucks dicks?" "Sir, no sir!" "Are you a peter puffer?" "Sir, no sir!" "I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach around!"

"Did your parents have any children that lived?" "Sir, yes sir!" "I bet they regret that. You're so ugly, you could be a modern art masterpiece." "What's your name fat body?" "Sir, Leonard Lawrence sir!" Lawrence? Lawrence what? Of Arabia?" Sir, no sir! That name sounds like royalty, are you royalty?" "Sir, no sir!" "Do you sucks dicks?" "sir, no sir!" "Bullshit! I'll bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!"

"What's your excuse?" "Sir, excuse for what, Sir?" "I'm asking the fucking questions here, Private. Do you understand?" "Sir, yes, Sir!" "Well, thank you very much! Can I be in charge for a while?"

"Do I make you nervous?" "Sir?" "Sir what? Were you about to call me an asshole?"

"Get your fat ass up over there Private Pyle! Oh thats right Private Pyle! Don't make any fucking effort to up to the top of the fucking obstacle! If God wanted you up there, he would have miracled your ass up there by now! Wouldn't he?" "Sir, yes sir!" "Get your fat ass up there! What the hell is matter with you anyway! I'll bet you if there was some pussy up there on the top of the obstacle, you couldn't get up there! Couldn't you?" "Sir, yes sir!" "Your ass looks like about 150 pounds of chewed bubble gum Pyle, you know that." Sir, yes sir!"

"What is that, Private Pyle?" "Sir, a jelly donut, Sir!" "How did it get here?" "Sir, I took it from the mess hall, Sir!" "Is chow allowed in the barracks, Private Pyle?" "Sir, no, Sir!" "Are you allowed to eat jelly donuts, Private Pyle?" "Sir, no, Sir!" "And why not, Private Pyle?" "Sir, because I'm too heavy, Sir!" "Because you are a disgusting fat body, Private Pyle!"

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
"I'll be back" - Terminator....

said in the Govenator's strange accent...used anytime you are going on a small outing....

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Chinatown, Jake Gittes:

"Well, to tell ya the truth, I lied a little."

In the Line of Fire:

Horrigan: Well, what now?
Leary: Do you believe in the nobility of suicide?
Horrigan: No, but if you wanna blow your goddam head off, go ahead, be my guest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks