All the negative vibers re: Apple

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Sam Posten, May 29, 2013.

1. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

TL;DF Does Dilger explain this alleged Android bias in the parts of the article I couldn't bring myself to read?
    My view is that the press is not pro-Android for the very simple reason that 90% of reporters use iPhones (unless they are still stuck on their Blackberry). Yes, they are often misinformed and technically inept. The exception is web based page view seekers who think that trashing Apple is a great way to get clicks. And M.G. Siegler is not anti-Apple, not at all.

The best I can come up with is that the press are scared of appearing too pro_apple so they repeat a few well worn anti Apple slogans to emphasize their neutrality. "Apple doesn't understand the Cloud" and "The iPhone 5C flopped" are rolled out without much thought. What's Dilger's explanation?

2. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Producer
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I'll go from owning what was actually about 1/7th of a share to a full share. I will adjust my world domination plans accordingly.

Clinton McClure, Sam Posten and DaveF like this.
  3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
  4. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Producer
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I didn't realize people thought Apple didn't use or get the cloud (that's what I get for not paying attention to the latest computer news). I don't use a lot of cloud-based anything, but the one thing that I do get a lot of use out of is Apple's iTunes Match service. For $25 a year, all of the songs on my computer (both the ones I bought on iTunes, which is a small percentage, and all of the ones I ripped from my CD collection) can be accessible to me from anywhere. I don't think I can properly express how awesome that is for me. I've got what's almost a two hour commute each way to and from work, and to be able to pick from my entire collection (more than could fit on any iPod or iPhone) and listen to songs when I feel like it on my iPhone, regardless of if I thought to download it to that device ahead of time, is a wonderful convenience. There's always talk about certain things being "game-changers", but for me, in terms of my music listening, that's the biggest thing to happen since the original iPod came out. Now, if I had a smaller commute or something, maybe it wouldn't be as big a deal, but that's a perfect use of technology and innovation and cloud connectivity to me.

5. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    I love ITM but as someone with over 35000 songs it is horribly broken for me. I would pay to double the max if I could.

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  6. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    The champion of Apple doesn't get the cloud movement is Fred Wilson:http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2014/05/06/new-yorks-top-vc-says-apple-doesnt-get-the-cloud-hes-mostly-wrong/

7. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Producer
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    Eek, what happened when you went over the limit? Is it a song limit or amount of gigabites used limit? It's been a while since I signed up and read the fine print, but I could be closer to it than I had ever thought.

8. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
  9. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
  10. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    DaveF likes this.
  11. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    I think IBM's chief problem was they were reluctant to evolve. Apple seems to have no problem in evolving and keeping pace with what consumers want. There are also no Mac "clones" flooding the market either.

12. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Steve's return was marked by his intention of demolishing the Innovator's Dillema for good. They've soundly found success in that IMO.

13. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Screenwriter
    Supporter

$5,000 invested in Apple stock in 1997 (as Steve Jobs returned) would be worth $1,548,049 today! Less than 20 years for a 309% return on your investment!

Just sayin'!

Mark