All That Jazz on DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Rick,
This type of question should be posted in Software and to answer your question, "All That Jazz" is not on dvd, but is rumored to be coming out later this year.

Crawdaddy

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
All That Jazz will be released very
close to the release of Chicago to DVD.

That is the latest I have heard.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Thanks Ron, and thank goodness there is some news on this long awaited disk. I was somehow under the impression that it was suppose to be released this past November and have been very puzzled as to why it was not.

Deborah

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Fox is looking for the right moment to release
this film. A release alongside Chicago
would make perfect sense. I would expect to see
The Rose released around that time as well,
though I have no definitive information on that.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
If you have a multi-regional DVD player then I suggest you buy the Region 2 version which has been available for many months(I own this R2 version, which is wonderful). I'm at odds with Misters Crawford & Epstein regarding Fox's decision making process about when to release the R1 DVD of "All That Jazz". Originally it was to be released I believe in the 4th quarter of 2002. But at some point earlier Fox thought they would have a chance to add some supplementary material, which did not pan out. So consequently the DVD was pulled from its place in the release queue(or so I understand from comments made in other threads about this subject), & ever since then Fox has supposedly been waiting for the "absolutely" "totally" perfect time to release it. There seems to be a school of thought that this DVD will not sell well with out the help of another related title(Chicago). IMHO "All That Jazz" does not need any help to sell it. So, if you're multi-regional get a non R1 DVD of this title. If you are only able to play R1 DVDs then you must unfortunately wait for Fox to quit twiddling their thumbs in regards to finally releasing "All That Jazz" in R1.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
It sounds very much like the situation regarding My So-Called Life - the overwhelming demand was there, even though the studio didn't seem to realise!

The R2 disc is pretty darn good (fine anamorphic transfer, great stereo mix, excellent Roy Scheider commentary, with some archival on-set footage and a trailer), so I should think the R1 will more or less replicate it.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Contray to what many believe the show being worked in "All That Jazz" isn't "CHICAGO" but a combination of many Fosse Shows of the time most noteably "Pippin" - a show Fosse wasn't particualry crazy about, and one in which he had the composer barred from the theater during rehersals. Ann Reinking (his current girlfriend) had a solo bit in that show, while his ex-wife was to star in "Chicago" I read "Pippin" was to be made in to an animated flim, maybe Fox should wait until then to release "All That Jazz"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks