What's new

All my speakers work but one. (1 Viewer)

melvinx

Auditioning
Real Name
stefan
I'm really new to the whole home theater deal and i have everything hooked up pretty well, i have an aiwa cx-nhmt75. i couldn't find a link for it anywhere so i guess thats all i can give. I have 2 surround sound speakers, the 2 big front speakers, a subwoofer, and the center speaker. All these speakers work perfectly and play what comes out of my tv as long as it is set to md mode. But for some reason my center speaker won't play anything while all the others are playing. If i turn on dolby pro logic all the speakers turn off then the center one turns on. I want to know how i can get my center speaker to play with all the others.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Does Your receiver have dedicated inputs in the rear for each speaker to be hooked up? Example: Is there an input in the back of the receiver that says:Center Channel Input,Left channel Input,Right Channel Input,etc.

melvinx

Auditioning
Real Name
stefan
yes, i have the speakers set up exactly how they have it in that diagram on page 4, except that i have my ps2 plugged into the video/aux area and my tv plugged into the md area right below it. Oh and also whenever i try to manually turn up the speakers with the stereo it doesn't even show the option to turn up the center, just the surrounds and the big front speakers. Then if i turn on dolby pro logic it has options to turn them all up even tho the only one that is playing any sound is the center.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Is Your PS2 Your dvd player? What's the sound from that? In other words does it get full range surround when You test it?

melvinx

Auditioning
Real Name
stefan
No dvds don't work in my ps2 so i use a built in dvd player in my tv, but it has the same effect as all the other sounds, every speaker works but the center one, unless dolby pro logic is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks