What's new

ALL IN THE FAMILY will be UNCUT (1 Viewer)

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I do not own any TV series on DVD (no interest) so I have no idea how these are put together, but is it possible that they may have only used the tiltle song one time at the begining of the set and then start each episode after the station break? That would just about eliminate 24 to 26 min.

Brent

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Brent, you *might* actually be onto something there!

Since this is Col/TS's first TV-On-DVD product (unless you count Bear in the Big Blue House), perhaps that is what they did.

The Canadian releases (both Vol. 1 and Vol. 2) of Beast Wars: Transformers let you "Play All", and it shows the opening credits once, plays all 7 shows on the disc in a row, with only the title of each new ep appearing at the bottom (as it did while originally aired) to indicate a break point, and then afterward all 7 shows' closing credits appear one after the other, with a brief "card" appearing to explain which episodes' credits you are about to view (I assume these are newly-generated closing credits just for the DVD's, rather than the originally aired closing credits, which is not what I'd want for AitF).

So...perhaps AitF's running times reflect actually show, sans opening and closing credits.

OR...perhaps it's still just a fuck-up on Col/TS's part?...

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I just received an e-mail from DVD Empire stating that they just found out that the correct price for this set is $39.95. They are honoring pre-orders made before 1/31 however at the $24.95 retail price.

Craig_T

Second Unit
Wow, DVD Empire is now selling it for $32! That's a hell of an increase. This set isn't much of a deal anymore, so it better be uncut!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks