Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough

Aliens: 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Review

alienstop-1024x576.jpg

In the world of cinematic sequels, there are only a few that either equaled or surpassed their original films: The Godfather Part II, The Empire Strikes Back, Toy Story 2 are among the chosen few and added to that list must be James Cameron’s Aliens.

[review]
Click here to read the original article.

Last edited:

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
A nice review, but it should be said that Ridley does not appear in the film. :P

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A nice review, but it should be said that Ridley does not appear in the film. :P
It just goes to show that no matter how many times you proofread something, there's always one little thing or another that will get past you. Thanks for the correction.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well its not like they could have bettered the old disc. It was already a 4K transfer and the extras on Discs 5 and 6 were plentiful.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Wal*Mart had this for $9.96 which indicates it may be a price match

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
So it's not clear to me, is this the same or a different/better transfer than the existing BD?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So it's not clear to me, is this the same or a different/better transfer than the existing BD?

It's the exact same disc that was previously released, along with new packaging and a coupon code to stream a new bonus feature online.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If I read correct, this is the same disc with Tschokes ...
Aliens in this new edition is the same disc that was part of the previous Alien boxset (the disc even includes the BD-Live link which is now inactive, no great loss). Unless one wants the new concept art booklet and cards and the on-line featurette, there is no difference between this version of this great film and the previous release. - See more at: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/aliens-30th-anniversary-edition

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks