What's new

Alien Vs. Predator (Unrated Director's Cut) (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
So they added 14 minutes of additional footage. I did enjoy the film, a fun watch but not sure I'll bother with a double dip.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Maybe I'm the only one but I would really like to see this. I just wish they would rerelease Even Horizon to tag along, but we'll have to wait for Next year for.
Thanks

Kami

Screenwriter
I hope it's not just 14 minutes of added footage, but instead a complete re-edit of the film.

Wishful thinking, I know.

I just hope all 14 mins is Predator and Alien stuff...don't try and develop those pathetic characters anymore.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I think I remember reading that a lot of it is character stuff. Sorry. And a little bit of violence as well. I haven't seen the film since theaters so I will give it a rent at least.
Thanks

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I watched the beginning of the movie last night and thus far most of the additional stuff is character related. I stopped just as they entered the pyramid so I can't say much more.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I got this yesterday. I didn't watch the new unrated cut yet (next week after I watch other DVDs). I mostly looked at the extras on disc two (a little featurette on the DOP fearing the cameras would be destroyed after one did get destroyed while filming a scene, and a little looking around the discs). I don't like AvP, but I think the extras are going to be great on this 2 disc CE.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
You know those directors who constantly say that the reason their film was bad was because of the production company and not them? Well, this is one of those directors. While I liked the gore and action, the movie itself was not that good. I bet the director will never take credit for a film that is not in good standing amoung the fans. He always puts the blame on someone else. That being said, the coverart is neat, but I am not all that sure if I would want to pay again for the movie. Is any of the content exclusive? No.

OVERALL: R1
2-disc "The Unrated Edition" has the both "Theatrical" and "Unrated" -versions of the film, and all extras from the other releases (original R1 has some minor DVD-ROM features, and R4 Extreme Edition has "Making Of AVP" - featurette, which could be exclusive). Also DTS is included.

clicky

Ryan

Vincent-P

Second Unit
DVDCompare is not entirely correct. For some reason, Fox has left off almost all the previous deleted scenes from both the R1 and R2 versions. From the reviews, we only get 3 deleted scenes on this release, while the old international versions had like 10.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I'd have to assume that they ended up in the extended cut, as opposed to being "left off". That's just speculation, but it seems pretty likely.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Absurdity! I remember when this movie came out, the director specifically mentioned that there was barely any material left over and ruled out the possibility of a director's cut or an extended version because of it.

And now we're, what, eight months down the road and he's releasing a director's cut?

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Wow, Damin, thanks for that link. That completely contradicts my memory. I wonder if the article I read pre-dates it (that is, pre-dates the mandate to cut the film three weeks prior to release) or maybe I'm just confused.

Either way, that article got me interested in seeing the new cut, provided it's the kind of deal that Anderson discusses in the article. More carnage with all the human death scenes restored, explanations of the descrepencies between AvP and the rest of the franchises... this stands a fighting chance.

So, the issue is, is this really his director's cut? Are these things back in there? I'd really appreciate some details from the guys who've bought it. Cheers!

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

Except for the reviewers who have the DVD, no one will see the new version until it hits store on Nov 22nd. I have other DVDs to watch first before I get around to watching the Unrated AvP sometime during the week.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
After reading that article I must admit, I would love to see this cut. I hadn't heard anything about SFX shots being part of the new cut but that would be cool if it's true. I really think he has some talent, Event Horizon shows this, all he has to do is just take away the cheese.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks