What's new

Alien trilogy coming to blu-ray?!... (1 Viewer)

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
I am the one who wrote the article at DVDuell. In the meantime I discovered even more materials at the FSK:
http://tinyurl.com/2vvk9cn

Alien - Anthology (SF Reel 2)

insgesamt 33:16 Min.
  • Alien “Display Graphics” [5:36 Min.]
  • Alien “Display Graphics” [4:05 Min.]
  • Aliens “Colonial Marines Helmet-Cams [5:08 Min.]
  • Aliens “Deleted Scenes” [4:05 Min.]
  • Aliens “Family Guy Clip” [0:27 Min.]
  • Aliens “I Can’t Breazhe” [0:38 Min.]
  • Alien: Sigourney Weaver Screen Test: Cockpit Scene, Take 1 [2:48 Min.]
  • Alien: Sigourney Weaver Screen Test: Planning Scene, Take 2 [1:50 Min.]
  • Aliens “Main Title Explorations” [2:59 Min.]
  • Aliens “Wayland -Yutani Inquest: Nostromo Dossiers” [3:45 Min.]
  • Spaceballs Clip [1:45 Min.]

Alien - Die Wiedergeburt (SF Reel 4)
  • HBO Special - Behind the Scenes [25:42 Min.]

http://tinyurl.com/35cbeap

Alien - Anthology (SF Reel 1)
  • Alien - The Saga (Dokumentation) [109:00 Min.]

Aliens - Die Rückkehr (SF Reel 4)
  • Aliens: Ride at the Speed of Fright (Sim. Ride Video/Pre-Show Video) [10:20 Min.]

^ So, if this information is correct (and assuming that this material is being released on the same boxset - and not just an exclusive feature for foreign territories), for Aliens, we're getting ALL the Quadrilogy material (the original 3-plus hours), plus 100-plus minutes of new bonus features (including dailies, title sequence explorations, more deleted scenes and all the background video in the film - like the helmet-cams and dossiers - that will play in full)? Wow.

Wow.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Looks like a pretty barebones release to me....

I am so looking forward to this BD set. Great work Charlie & Co!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I could use a new teaser right about now. A 10-second clip from Alien 3 with the new sound mix would knock us all on our asses.

A question for mr Lauzirika What can we expect from the new Alien 3 featurettes, especially:
  • Ezra Swerdlow’s Concerns [1:08 Min.]
  • Fincher’s Alienation [3:40 Min.]
  • Renny Harlin quits [1:51 Min.]
  • Sucking up to Fincher [6:30 Min.]
I don't have much hopes of seeing "Wreckage And Rape" in virgo intact form, but these four titles might shed some new light on the troubled pre-production, production and postproduction, as well as the writing process. For example, I always wanted to know more about the dreaded Larry Ferguson's script that has never been published on Internet. The Fincher's interview from 1991 ("Mother From Another Planet", published in Premiere magazine in 1992) seems to be the only source.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
According to the BBC's Film Classification site, all four films will include isolated music score presentations.

ALIEN will feature the same two as the original 20th anniversary release, Jerry Goldsmith's original intended score and the revised theatrical version.

ALIENS will include James Horner's score isolated, though it's too bad his score couldn't be restored to its original intention (and I know full well that if it were restored, it would fit the film without having to revise it )

ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RESURRECTION will include both Elliot Goldenthal's and John Frizzell's scores, respectively.

Oliver_A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver Achten
Originally Posted by Nicholas Martin

According to the BBC's Film Classification site, all four films will include isolated music score presentations.

ALIEN will feature the same two as the original 20th anniversary release, Jerry Goldsmith's original intended score and the revised theatrical version.

ALIENS will include James Horner's score isolated, though it's too bad his score couldn't be restored to its original intention (and I know full well that if it were restored, it would fit the film without having to revise it )

ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RESURRECTION will include both Elliot Goldenthal's and John Frizzell's scores, respectively.

If that is actually true, then a big thanks to Charles for listening to us. Now let's hope that the HD transfers will look at least as good as the transfer for Blade Runner. I still can remember that Alien looked spectacular on the new 35mm print I watched in 2003.

Can't wait! This looks like it will be the DVD set of the year.

Any official announcements in the near future?

Merrick Gearing

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Merrick
Bill Hunt has told me that the Alien Anthology won't get the DNR treatment. I trust him in that regard.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by merrick97

Fox does not use DNR. This has been stated by many insiders.

Patton and Longest Day are the ONLY exceptions.

I would expect Aliens to exhibit a LOT of grain though.

I guess those who watched the recent release of Predator might disagree with that statement.

Isolated music scores is fab, i have the original Alien on DVD and it has an alternative isolated music score, i hope they put that on the new disc too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks