What's new

Alien Nation Offical DVD's (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Sorry, I meant to post this earlier. I attended the Bionicon convention in Tampa in June, with Kenneth Johnson as one of the featured guests. During his Q&A session, he did say a box-set of the TV movies would be released early next year.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
Great, I'm so impressed with Ken Johnson's work that I may just go get the TV series to compliment the TV movies. I remember being somewhat fond of the show, come to think of it....

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
We in region 2 land will be getting the Alien Nation series set next month. Any news about the region 1 boxset of the TV movies? Thanks.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Ian:
A boxset of all five movies is slated for mid summer 2007, according to Kenneth Johnson's website. I'd previously heard Dark Horizon and Body and Soul mooted for early '07 with the complete set of five in the summer, but perhaps it'll just be all in one box this time.

He's already recorded director's commentaries for the first two telefilms and has created extra features for the two movies, including behind scenes, photo galleries and blooper reels. Ken is now working on bonus materials for the other three films.

Let us hope that Fox will be especially generous and allow Johnson to include the bonus footage that he offered them for the television series, but was told it was too late at the time, which is why the commentary is the only substantial extra on that set. Johnson told me in an e-mail that he'd like to do it, but it's basically down to whether clearances can be obtained and whether Fox will do it. He's definitely offered the material to them.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson

Excellent news! I've held off watching my set because I was waiting for the movies to be released. I can't wait for these.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I found this thread using a search for "Alien Nation" and I'm sorry if there is another more recent thread on this.

The Best Buy exclusive Alien Nation Ultimate Movie Collection has an error, but it's not one that will prevent you from watching the movies.

Disc 3 has "The Enemy Within" and "The Udara Legacy" on it. The movies are on the wrong sides of the disc according to the label. It's a double-sided disc with the label stating that "The Enemy Within" is on Side A but it's actually on Side B.

The best extra on Disc 3 is "Family Gathering." The main cast gather earlier this year to reminisce about the show. They are simply having a "round table" discussion, which includes Kenneth Johnson and Rick Stratton (Make-Up Creator). Terri Treas, Gary Graham, Michele Scarabelli, Eric Pierpoint, Jeff Marcus, Ron Fassler, and Lauren Woodland are there. Everyone looks pretty much the same (actors' alien characters' faces, anyway) except Lauren Woodland, who is now obviously an adult. Even the other actors express surprise when they see her for the first time since 2001.

Highlights: Gary talking about The Incredible Hulk, crew not recognizing the alien actresses without their alien heads, the discussion about how the stories paralleled real-life (especially Eric's story about being on the subway) and the majority of the discussion about what it felt like to be in the make-up.

Will they reunite again for another movie? Unfortunately, nothing was mentioned except that this "family" would go on again.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I had no idea these were released. Are these available only in store? I can't seem to find it on their web site.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
This set was released on 9/11/07.

It is available on their website. In the search window, type "Alien Nation" and choose "Movies - Title." I used the on-line In-Store Pickup option from their website.

Try this direct URL to the Best Buy product page.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

I know a couple of years ago they was trying to get another series off the ground,but it never happened,sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks