What's new

ALIEN 2: ON EARTH Coming To Blu-Ray & DVD (1 Viewer)

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Cool, thanks! "[COLOR= #000000]the image looks remarkably good. It's crisp, clear, and highly detailed. [/COLOR]"

That's good to know.

The film itself should make a good companion piece to Contamination.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Is Midnight Legacy going to have their discs available for rental via Netflix or other companies?

DolphC

Grip
Real Name
Dolph Chiarino
Originally Posted by bgart13

Is Midnight Legacy going to have their discs available for rental via Netflix or other companies?

No, all titles will be sell-through only.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
So, how much extra footage was actually found for this release? Is it extra gore, story, or what? Any clues why the footage was cut before?

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Hoping to be able to throw an order in for this at some point tomorrow or Thursday. Getting this for the weekend may be out of the question, but I'm hoping to have this for the holiday next week.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I've got a bit of extra cash burning a hole in my pocket - I was hoping to spend it on this Blu-ray but, alas, it's still MIA. Amazon finally put it up on their website but it says currently unavailable. If it's not out by March I'll start to worry.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I still holding out hope that it'll be available for order by the end of this week.

Dolph has been saying that this release will likely run a few days behind schedule and, so far, he's been pretty forthcoming with info.

DolphC

Grip
Real Name
Dolph Chiarino
Amazon will have this no later than Friday, and more likely, by tomorrow. It may take a day or two for them to update the listing (we have nothing to do with that), but it should be active by the following day.

Again, we apologize for the delay.

Dolph

MattFini

Supporting Actor
No apology necessary, Dolph! As far as I'm concerned you've been keeping us in the loop every step of the way so no worries.

One question for you though: I know Midnight Legacy's intentions are to focus on rare and forgotten Euro Horror - which is awesome. But I was wondering if there was any chance you guys might sprinkle in the occasional 80s slasher? Even something like Jose Larraz's Edge of the Axe would be an awsome compromise as it's an 80s slasher flick from a Euro horror director.

DolphC

Grip
Real Name
Dolph Chiarino
Quick update.

The discs have finally left the replicator and are currently on their way to where they need to go. Amazon will have this in hand sometime in the morning, and as I mentioned above, once they "process" the stock, it will hopefully be for sale sometime in the afternoon.

Thanks to all for the patience

Dolph

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Diabolikdvd.com is the only place online that has this available for purchase. I ordered a copy from them (it was the first time I ordered from them) and I check back today for a status and there's no record of my purchase. Has anyone bought anything from these people? I'm starting to worry - I gave them credit card info. I thought this was one of the more credible online retailers.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
It should be credible, that's where I got my region 3 ARMY OF DARKNESS DVD, and got it with no problem, but, I will say, I was using a check at the time. You should email them.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I have bought from Diabolik many times without incident. In fact, for 'normal' preorders, I typically get my discs the day before street.

I ordered my copy from Xploited Cinema via eBay ... there's a few more copies on there now.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
OK, apparently my card has been charged so I have to assume the purchase has at least been processed. I wouldn't have known about the charge had I not gone online to pay my cable bill...I just find this a bit unorthodox - most online retailers would e-mail you when they've sent out an order. Like I said earlier I've never ordered from Diabolik so maybe they do things differently. Not a big deal, just think it's strange.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Amazon finally has it available. Sold by Midnight Legacy, fulfillment by Amazon.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Had a chance to view this disc last night ... holy cow is this an absolutely FANTASTIC debut from Midnight Legacy.

Strong colors and rich textures abound ... for a film that was shot looking typically soft, it looks awesome.

The movie was a lot of fun too ... providing you know what you're getting into with lesser tier Italian horror.

Midnight Legacy has a lifelong customer with me after this wonderful bow.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by Colin Jacobson

Amazon finally has it available. Sold by Midnight Legacy, fulfillment by Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0049HN5UM/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Too much at $33 for me but sounds like a fun movie.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Received my copy yesterday - only one word can describe the PQ: Stunning! I hadn't heard of the film prior to the announcement but I know what to expect from no-budget Italo-trash (a genre which I'm very fond of). This totally blows away any preconceptions I've had about these type of films not looking good in hi-def...very much looking forard to future releases. On this subject, I discovered Alien 2 is a Minerva title so I'm assuming Midnight Legacy will be releasing more of their Catalog. Going through my collection I identified three Minerva-distributed films that I'm hoping will become future ML Blu-rays: Lucio Fulci's Touch of Death and Aenigma and The Last Cannibal World (aka Jungle Holocaust). I tried to do a search on imdb for more titles but nothing familiar came up.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
So, I hear that ALIEN 2 is going to standard DVD on March 22nd . . . I can't believe I'm saying this, but I just might buy myself a copy. Well, that all depends on how much it's going to be that is. So, how much is the standard gonna be, dare I ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks