What's new

ALIEN 2: ON EARTH Coming To Blu-Ray & DVD (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Anyone know how close we are to getting it reviewed here?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Originally Posted by SWFF

Anyone know how close we are to getting it reviewed here?

I don't know, I'm starting to believe all the BS they're spouting over on the A/V Maniacs forum about this not happening. There's a thread 4 pages long and they talk about everything BUT the film - mostly bashing the label. Of course, when this thing is finally unleashed then maybe they'll stop talking nonsense.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I will order this from Amazon as soon as I'm able to.

I never thought I'd see this day this was released to Blu-ray.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luisito34
I don't know, I'm starting to believe all the BS they're spouting over on the A/V Maniacs forum about this not happening. There's a thread 4 pages long and they talk about everything BUT the film - mostly bashing the label. Of course, when this thing is finally unleashed then maybe they'll stop talking nonsense.

Yeah, I know I've been reading that post since day one. Am growing a bit concerned since that promised time period of it supposedly being reviewed has elapsed. And, I don't think you can pre-order yet either. Haven't checked AMAZON yet, though, so I'm not sure. Trying to remain cautiously optimistic, though.

DolphC

Grip
Real Name
Dolph Chiarino
Bill Hunt over at Digital Bits was overnighted a check disc, per his request, by me personally, late last week. Unfortunately, he seems to be swamped and hasn't gotten to it, or just hasn't posted it yet. Obviously, we have no control over the situation, but I'm certain there is a reason for the delay. As for that "other" thread claiming that this will not come out, all I can say is it WILL be available by the announced street date, as the title was initially announced after the encode had been started, not three months ahead of time as most other companies do. Most of those times though, much of the work hasn't even been started. As for the Amazon pre-order issue, it's really quite simple. Amazon is fulfilling for us, which means there can be no pre-order. In order for the purchase to be available, they must first have the title in stock, which they do not at this time. This was part of the issue of not having a distributor. I have a very distinct feeling that once it releases and is what was promised, there's going to be a whole lot of backpeddling.

I guess everybody will have to wait and see who is correct here; the label, or the four people who are completely uninvolved.

Dolph

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Considering the reputation Midnight Legacy has, this is what you need to do from time to time, Dolph, update us every inch of the way until the DVD actually comes out, otherwise, based on the info contained within that thread on that other forum, we'll end up speculating and expecting the worst rather than the better. As I said before, I still remain cautiously optimistic, mostly where Bill's eventual review is concerned, hoping it's favorable, that is.

DolphC

Grip
Real Name
Dolph Chiarino
Originally Posted by SWFF

Considering the reputation Midnight Legacy has, this is what you need to do from time to time, Dolph, update us every inch of the way until the DVD actually comes out, otherwise, based on the info contained within that thread on that other forum, we'll end up speculating and expecting the worst rather than the better. As I said before, I still remain cautiously optimistic, mostly where Bill's eventual review is concerned, hoping it's favorable, that is.

And what reputation is that Shawn, the fact that there is probably onbody on the planet with Bill's knowledge of these films? Or the fact that we know how to complete the process accurately when attempting to represent these films? Many of you guys crack me up when the mention of the "other" thread is so dreadful and looming. Guess what, outside of the 13 people over there whining and complaining, NOBODY cares. Thinking that more than 25 people will use the nonsense over there to judge our product is nothing more than pure delusion. If you read that whole silly thing, has one person even attempted to state we would be unable to deliver what we promised, no they haven't! Last week it was one thing, this week it's the street date, and you know what, next week will be a whole other take. What a joke.

I'm keeping the boards up to date with RELEVANT information, yet some think I'm obligated to answer for every single "what if" that originates from the same people over and over again.

Looks like more are going to need to clarify what was said, once the disc streets.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
I am getting kinda anxious to see the review. I've been checking Digital Bits & blu-ray.com

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the clarification.

And obviously those involved know more about the situation.

Originally Posted by DolphC

...it WILL be available by the announced street date, .... As for the Amazon pre-order issue, it's really quite simple. Amazon is fulfilling for us, which means there can be no pre-order. In order for the purchase to be available, they must first have the title in stock, which they do not at this time. This was part of the issue of not having a distributor.

I guess everybody will have to wait and see who is correct here; the label, or the four people who are completely uninvolved.

Dolph

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Originally Posted by DolphC

And what reputation is that Shawn, the fact that there is probably onbody on the planet with Bill's knowledge of these films? Or the fact that we know how to complete the process accurately when attempting to represent these films?

I think the sh!tty attitude (or chip on your shoulder) is the reputation Shawn was referring to. Just a guess, but based on your post it still remains.

DolphC

Grip
Real Name
Dolph Chiarino
I actually have not had a chip on my shoulder in any of my posts, but why am I not surprised that you would insinuate that here? Possibly because you are one of the 14 over in the "other" thread perpetuating the nonsense?

Dolph

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I don't care if Satan himself is putting these movies out - if these Blu-rays are half as good as they claim they will be I'll be happy. Just one thing though: don't screw around with release dates. I'm fully expecting to be able to purchase Alien 2 on the 16th. If it turns out I have to wait three months for whatever reason then that won't be a good thing.

DolphC

Grip
Real Name
Dolph Chiarino
It would take a monumental screw-up by UPS to not have this at Amazon in time. The Amazon allotment is shipping from the replicator, same state, to the fulfillment center in two days, which gives all involved plenty of time. A three month delay is out of the question, with the worst case scenario being an extra day. But again, that almost seems impossible given the timeframe. Anybody who wants to order from Amazon will have the ability to on 11/16.

When the link is active (it's already completely created) I will post in here, and on any other relevant locations.

Dolph

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Dolph.

I am going to be ordering this on 11/16 and I'm quite excited about doing so.

DolphC

Grip
Real Name
Dolph Chiarino
As I recently posted at blu-ray.com we may have this at Amazon a day or two late due to a slipcover delay.Honestly, the replication has been completed now for 3 days.The issue has been rectified, and we are NOT pushing the date back, but I want all to be aware and to avoid any speculation that may arise. As much as you guys want this release, we do too. Also, the sooner this comes out, the sooner I can begin the work on our second title.

I feel comfortable with a few extra days to ensure the product delivered is right, don't many of you?

Dolph

WadeM

Supporting Actor
A few days doesn't matter, IMO.

I just wish that those who received their discs would post their reviews!

DolphC

Grip
Real Name
Dolph Chiarino
Thanks to all for understanding our position, and I have a sneaking suspicion that our first review will be up today. Once up, I will post the appropriate link.

Thanks again.

Dolph

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks