What's new

Alias Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I'm just glad it had an ending. It wasn't great, but along the way there were many times I felt we wouldn't get this far. Saw the Sloan thing coming a mile away and loved every single bit of it. Loved seeing "Sydney in Sydney," Marshall tell Sloan to go to hell, and Isabel knocking over the blocks.

Any news on what's next for Rachel Nichols?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
do you mean sloan coming back to life thing or the sloan getting a bullet in his head thing?

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

The promos showed Garner about to take him out, but Sloan falling in the red goo was a give away that he wasn't dead.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Yeah I figured Sloane would come back to life as well. You couldn't just dispose of the series' main villain so quickly. Of course, I figured the red goo was the blood of Milo Rambaldi and that Sloane would come back as Rambaldi reincarnated or something like that. :)

Kinda sad to see Jack go and things did feel a bit rushed, but it was an ultimately satisfying end to the series. The coda did feel a bit unnecessary though.

Anyone else think it was weird that Dixon still had that funky hair 6-7 years later? :D

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Seasons 1 and 2 have to be in my top 5 of tv shows of all time. Season 3 was serviceable but the last two years felt empty. The story lines had no emotional attachment for me. I think a big part of the charm for me was how Sydney tried to balance her personal life with spy life. Once Francie and Will werent regulars-the show lost that.

This may have been touched on earlier, but how ridiculous were the Ford promos in the next(or 3rd) to last episdoes?

In the finale, the Franice reunion was nice, but knew something with her was coming because her name is in the credits. It would be nice if shows could wait to put guest stars in the end credits so the surprise wouldnt be ruined.

In the Francie scene, they should have had Sydney eating coffee ice cream, then offer some to Francie. This would have been a perfect tie in to the "Francie doesnt like coffee ice cream" line from the finale of the second season-the last time the show was amazing

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I finally got to see the finale. I pretty much agree with many of the comments here. So I'll ask this, did Garner, or should I say Sydney look pregnant at the end walking out to the beach?

It's always sad to see a friend leave.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Shes looked heavy since she came back from the hiatus. She did have a baby so she has a reason

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yup, i noticed that pre-preggers means more lower abdomen shots in med-wide and now more head closeups rather than wider shots for syd. =).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I watched the start of the first episode of S4 last night, which had Garner in lingerie and midriff-baring club outfit. It was kind of a shock after the framing and loose clothing of this season. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
She did look like she had some post pregnancy weight, but on the first show after the hiatus, I thought she looked very slim in a tight fitting top. I thought that during the finale beach scene, she looked like maybe she was cooking baby number 3 from Vaughn.

I knew that they would show Syd's daughter do that puzzle test.

For a moment when Jack was in the cave with the resurrected Sloan, I thought that Jack might have benefitted from the life giving fluid because he standing there. Oh well.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Me, too, albeit nearly two months later. :) I guess I'm the only one who figures that if some miracle happened and there was a continuation movie, Jack wouldn't have to stay dead. It would be easy to say that he got splashed by the red gunk in the explosion or afterward. If it were me, I'd even have it where he managed to crawl out of the tomb, so he wouldn't have had to suffer the same fate as Sloane. Why he never revealed himself to Sydney would be a trivial matter to explain. And, of course, someone would dig Sloane out of there. Possibly Irina? Another easy thing to explain. She was holding the Horizon, and it's not hard to believe she or someone else could have cracked it open and saved her. We'll say Sydney just left her body there when she got the news that her dad was presumed dead, so that's why she didn't know she was alive. Or, we could just leave her dead, but we need the Jack dynamic if this mythical movie is going to work.

I just finished a marathon run of Alias seasons one through five. Perhaps watching it all at once gave me a different perspective, but I enjoyed it from start to finish. I didn't even come close to having a problem with season three, which puts me in the minority. Maybe I'm just a soft touch when it comes to shows I like.

I will say that season five Irina was a shock. I always figured she had a core of decency in her, but I guess she really was bad. I expected all along for it to be revealed that she was not really responsible for the death of the CIA agents, but it never was. Maybe her quick descent to total evil in the finale could be attributed to the madness of Rimbaldi, creating the same change Nadia saw in Sloane.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
greg, i also loved s3. many have said that the balance of life between college+spy work of s1 defined Alias, but i think it's really s3 that "defines" alias. i did the s1 through s5 right before series finale, as well. i think if people look back on it and watch it all 5 seasons in a row they can see where it's going and how the mysteries are being unveiled. having said that i still think s4-5 felt like it is abandoned by JJ (cause of lost and mi3) vs. s1-3, where it was the strongest. if the show ended in s3, it would have been fine by me.

and really, alias is one of those shows like XF, except instead of horror, it's basically an action film a week.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Probably true about JJ abandoning the show around that time, but it didn't end up mattering that much to me. Doesn't he pretty much distance himself from Lost now, saying he set it up but hasn't been involved with it much since the start?

Wow. Judging by my "I just saw the pilot" post in another thread, I've been watching this show for almost three months straight now! There was a small break while I figured out what I wanted to do about season 5--I bought it from iTunes, because I couldn't wait--but it probably worked out to about three months of watching Alias every night. No wonder I'm feeling a little deflated tonight. I'm really going to miss it. I know opinions vary, but I call it one of the best TV watching experiences I've had. I need to find another show to fill the void. I never watched 24, so maybe I could go with that next. It'll have to wait a little, as I don't really want to lay out the cash for it right now. It does seem like a promising next show.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Are you sure about that? Looks like he'll be busy with the next Star Trek movie!

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed all 5 seasons of "Alias."

I might be in the minority, but I liked Seasons 4 and 5.

Obviously, the show didn't have the same sort of "freshness" that it did the first two seasons, but I thought the eps were entertaining. Plus, I liked Season 5 without Vaughn.

"Alias" illustrates what can happen when a heavily serialized show gets mediocre ratings. The producers and writers attempt to make it less serialized...and it sort of mucks up the mythos that is being generated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks