What's new

Alias possibly coming to DVD in September '03!!! (2 Viewers)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Baby steps, Jeff. First we have to take baby steps. :)
BRB... I need to go preorder this. Nice job, BVHE!
-Dave

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
From TVShowsOnDVD.com:
"It will be in widescreen."
OK, I'm surprised no one's asked the next obvious question:
It will be anamorphic, right???

OK, I know it's been a long time since BV released a non-anamorphic widescreen title, but it'd be nice to have it confirmed...

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Watch, I bet someone will fall asleep at the wheel and just zoom in on the image and cut off the effects images and give way too much head room ......oh wait.....wrong movie.......

John Simon

Second Unit
Yea! Digital Bits is now confirming that Alias will be presented in its OAR of 1.78:1 and it will be anamorphic. Also, they've given the final cover art, which fans of Jennifer Garner will be sure to like...

:D :emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I'm not a regular viewer of this show, however, I have been following the news of its release on DVD. Am I the only one who thinks this cover is butt-ugly? The two temp pics I saw before were amazing, but this one looks like a wallpaper by a 14 year old fan who just got photo shop.

Who are all these studios hiring to produce these covers? Back to the Future looked like crap, Cowboy Bebop the Movie is a joke. Frasier, the re-release of The Frighteners... what's going on here.

... sigh... sorry to get all ranty like this.

Well I'm glad you fans didn't get screwed over like us CSI fans.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I love the exclamation point on there.... lol

THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON! not just half of it!

It's okay, but I would havel likes something different. The one that came with the FELICITY season 1 set looked pretty damn cool.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I like this one. The different wigs give a much better picture of what season 1 is like.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Joel, they could have done something artistic that would convey the same effect though. Like how about a picture of Syd in one of those cloudy focuses around her, and blend all her different disguises in there ?

Joel C

Screenwriter
I don't know about that (I'd have to see it), but I agree it could be better. It just isn't bad. I like it enough.

And though I said it does represent the show better, I liked the Declassified cover better.

John Simon

Second Unit
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere already, but has anyone noticed that Alias is going to be using a pretty unusual method of package of TV series?

From the looks of that picture, it appears the six discs will be spread across three double-alphas. Anyone know of another series doing that? It's an interesting first to me...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks