Alias - 2/15/04 - After Six

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kevin Porter, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Why do I get the feeling that Lauren is playing triple agent? A real CIA, who is pretending to be in Covenant, and then pretending to be in CIA? Ouch, my head hurts.

I thought there might be a bit of budding romance between the shrink and Sloan. She studied him, and probably admires him (in some sick way), so I thought there might be a bit of nookie going on.

I thought Sark had some of the best acting chances this week. He get's excited by Lauren's expertise in killing, and then plays "hidden terrified" when he meets Cole. Nicely done.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    My theories are that either Sloane recognizes the (overcredentialed?) shrink as somehow not being on the up and up and/or Sloane is playing the shrink to get her to divulge info on Sydney & Spydaddy.

It could make a lot of sense if, for instance, the folder that Cole presented to Lauren contained a transcript of Sydney's sessions with the shrink where she mentioned that she and Vaughn were "kissin' in Korea".

Regards,

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Lauren is in the NSC (or is it the NSA, I can't keep up), not the CIA.

4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

LOL.

Also, I thought I was going to get some dialog from Four Rooms on how "F***ing good" the Champaign was.

5. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

How did Sydney and Vaughn get up the electrified ladder in 20 seconds? Other than that, good episode!

I can understand pre-empting for the Oscars, but Super Millionare? That's just wrong.

6. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

No, I still think of him as evil. lol.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I was thinking that Sloane was shooting up with Kryptonite!

8. John Mansor

John Mansor Stunt Coordinator

One thing that is difficult with these long breaks is that I forget what has happened in the last episode. I totally forgot that they had revealed what Syd was doing the past two years. It really makes the show difficult to watch.

9. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Well John, one way to get around that is to stop watching it and rent or buy the DVD box set when it comes out in September. [​IMG]

10. Randy Tennison

Randy

Only if the champaign was Christal! [​IMG]

11. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

No, I think putting Lauren on the other guys' team was disappointing as well. I wasn't so much looking at it as "who will Vaughn choose" as much as Syn eventually not being able to hate Lauren no matter how much she really, really wants to (and feeling guilty about it in the meantime).

12. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

I wonder if the head of The Covenant is Gerard Cuvee (the villain from the 2-part season two ep "Passages"). We know that he and Irina were allied at one point and that he was her superior in the KGB (he was even the one who ordered her to marry Jack). We also know he was present, though unseen in Irina's headquarters in Taiwan and that the glasses-wearing torturer from the pilot works for him. His group later kidnapped and tortured Marshall so that he could access the Echelon system. And we know from "Passages" that he is very interested in Rambaldi, to the point of cutting a deal with Sloane to open up the egg-device with the immortal flower in it.

Another possibility is that Cole is actually the head of The Covenant and he's just saying that he isn't in order to throw the CIA and Sark off.

- Guy

PS

In the truly trivial department, Cuvee was played by Derek De Lint who also co-starred with Lena Olin in The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

13. MikeMcNertney

MikeMcNertney Stunt Coordinator

I agree Lauren being a double agent being a disappointing way out of the love triangle.

What was that stuff Sloane shot up? I mean... bright green?

The whole "breaking into the wine cellar" bit made no sense to me. I don't get the "lethal response system". I mean... what if they don't use the tunnel? The tunnel seems to exist for the sole purpose of someone breaking in, so it has this super-duper defense system in place. Why didn't they just go through the building instead?

14. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Seeing Weiss out in the field was funny. He stuck out more than Vaughn usually does. That awful tie and ear piercing didn't help either.

15. Randy Tennison

Randy

Seriously, why not just collapse the tunnel. And the butler didn't seem to set off any alarms when he entered the room.

Oh well, if we wanted reality, we'd watch the news.

16. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I never thought of that... about the tunnel.

17. Peter Ohlert

Peter Ohlert Extra

Something occured to me after watching the episode. I know this is going to sound retarded, but it amuses me:

What if Carrie's baby is actually from one of Syd's stolen eggs?

The audience just thinks the whole Marshall/Carrie stuff is the weekly comic relief. But then why have Carrie have a baby in a side plot the same season where they establish that Sydney had her ovaries raided? And if it is Syd's egg, would that make the kid Syd & Marshall's biological offspring....

(This is usually where I begin laughing hysterically to myself.)

On what Cole showed Lauren: I think it has to do with what Vaughn got up to during Syd's missing two years. Remember early in the season when Syd visited her Dad in custody and he implied that Vaughn had been up to some serious no good. It was implied a couple of times early in the season but we've never gotten a full accounting of what Vaughn did during the missing time.

On what Sloan injected into his arm: Herbert West's reanimation solution. [​IMG] See, Sloan is really a Zombie.

18. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee

Just watched Season 2's "The Telling" with the audio commentary. The relationship between Marshall and Carrie was written in to provide a sense of hope to the otherwise heavy plot developments. Marshall becoming a father continues that notion and I think they would want to maintain that. I think involving Marshall's new family in the conspiracy would show a sort of contempt for him and for the brighter parts of life.

19. Peter Ohlert

Peter Ohlert Extra

Oh, I don't actually belive that Carrie just gave birth Syd's child. I just find the concept over-the-top and very funny.