What's new

Alias - 1/18/04 - Crossings (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
WOOHOO!

So what's the deal with...

Lauren being the sniper? Working for the Covenant or is it Alison under a really different Alias?

The passenger? Was Lazery referring to an actual passenger in the ambulance or a code name for something else?

The Telling? We're 12 episodes into the season people and we still don't know what the whole thing was about. Remember Sloane's words?

And that change is Sloane sees the word peace? Raise your hand if you honestly believe his aliby. And any guesses to what was on that scroll Bill that Monk from Season 2's Countdown gave Sloane? And what exactly is the sin Sloane committed 30 years ago (32 years now) that led to Emily's death?

McKenas Cole is comin' back!! Not tonight though. Tonight we have that Blue Velvet chick in replacement of the MIA and much missed Ms. Olin. Going back and rewatching Season 2 on DVD, I'm reminded of how much I loved her little mind games. She IS Irina Derevko and they should spend as much as possible trying to get her back. And I guess Syd and Vaughn are going to hook up again tonight. And hopefully in the next couple of eps we'll check in with Carrie and see how it's going. I'm telling you, JJ put that in the beginning of the season for a reason! He knows what's going on and it thrills me that he's not just making it up as he goes. So tune in tonight for a brand new Alias!

PS. Check the final reply tally for last week's thread. Creepy!

Joel C

Screenwriter
I don't think Cole is comng back. I think Tarintino just did the voice sort of as a joke, since he loves the show.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Isabella Rosselini as the Black Sparrow was a treat. Mr Cho was played by a guy who had a role in the brilliant Wild Palms. Boy, did Sparrow skewer him.

So what game is this Katya playing, pulling the strings on everyone - Jack Bristow, Sloane, etc.

BTW where the hell did Sark go after the fiasco in the market?

I was disapppointed Kil Ill Sing Song didn't make an appearance.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

Actually according to an article on Zap2it and an article with the JJ himself here he is coming back. And I for one cannot wait!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Some of the scenes reminded me of Behind Enemy Lines, predictable fare, but always entertaining. I thought the guns were just going to be unloaded and they were all in on it, but J.J. got me again.

"Unofficially, I say screw 'em." :D

"Bad enough being a fugitive in North Korea, now I have to find out you've slept with Will?" :laugh:

Yowee on getting stabbed in both hands, and Jack kickin' ass! :D

Evan Lee

Stunt Coordinator
This episode had some interesting developments and revelations, however,it left me feeling unsatisfied. I wanted more development of Irina' sister's character, perhaps a back story in the form of a flashback. Oh well, the season still has ten more episodes. And they must, and any cost bring back Irina. Her sister is a weak substitute, lacking Lena Olin's charms.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Isabella Rosselini rocked! If we can't have Lena Olin, her portrayal as the sister was quite good.

It will be interesting to see who this Lauren really is. She was sufficiently creepy in this episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I find it a little interesting in how Alias has come full circle in some respect as it was a show about Sydney playing a double agent, having to figure out how to betray those she's come to be friendly with, and then we have Lauren doing the exact same thing, but from different organizations. So now, everytime Lauren shows up, you wondering how she'll get herself out of the sticky and precarious situation she's been in all this time (2 years). Now, it's Lauren who's doing the sneaky things that we applauded Sydney for doing and getting away with, and now we have to always see how Lauren will sabotage the CIA from within without getting caught or compromised.

While we get the intro to Katya as a no-nonsense, dangerous, but passionate player in the mix, the episode felt like it was just marking time because the iminent danger to Vaughn and Sydney never felt all that dangerous, which undermined the tension for me.

Is it me, or does Katya remind you of James Spader (on "The Practice" nowadays).

I did like the nod to MacGuyver from Vaughn's kickstarting the vehicle.

Jack: his attraction to Russian women is going to get him in plenty of trouble. :)

Hey, wasn't Sark's handler in "The Mummy"?

So what did y'all think of Sark's real accent? The actor, David Anders, was born in Oregon (Hey, how about him being from the Portland branch of the CIA), so I'm guessing that's how David sounds in real life.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Good episode - much better than last week's mediocre talky.

Patrick - nice observation about Lauren. It also applies to Vaughan (to some extent), since he has to pretend not to be in love with Syd.

I wish he'd keep using it. No Englishman pronounces detail like "d'tail" (it's "dee-tail"). There's no Earthly reason I can think of why Sark can't be American, and Lauren an Australian.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

I think that possibility was mentioned last week by someone here. I don't think so. If I recall correctly last year Sark informed her that the thing the device that does the conversion was destroyed, thus making it impossible for her to change back to her natural self. If that's the case she certainly couldn't change to another false appearance. Of course this is TV where anything is possible.

MikeMcNertney

Stunt Coordinator
Overall I liked the episode but I did have a few issues

1) They started the episode with the getting shot cliffhanger and then flashed back 72 hours, as they have done pretty often. But then they try to have a high-tension scene just a few minutes later as the plane is crashing. There is no tension though because we already know Vaughn and Sydney are alive 2 days later (even moreso than the standard TV "they won't kill the main character" type of knowing). I'm guessing that someone decided after the show was done to add the "getting shot" cliffhanger, but it just made for poor drama.

2) The "government disavowing the agents" seemed like a copout. It's not like they were there engaging in espionage against the N Korean government. Hell they could have simply claimed that the plane lost control and crashed outside of its flight path.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
The thing that bugged me is the old 'Syd and Vaughn are the only two agents in the CIA' issue. There were no Korean agents that could have gone and maybe not stuck out like sore thumbs?!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The show revolves around Syd, did you really expect them to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks