What's new

Alias 02/23/03 - "Firebomb" (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After a week's hiatus, Alias is back, and we see how Vaughn helps get Sydney free from Sloane's clutches.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Good ep. I want to know what Sloane is up to. And what happened to Christian Slater's character this week? Obviously he helped them put the Rimbaldi device together, but then what?

Allen W

Stunt Coordinator
Good episode. I am glad to see Dixon making his way back into the story and forgiving Sydney.

The obvious Ford Focus product placement continues, I don't care for that stuff when it is so blatantly obvious. It pulls me out of the story.

I wonder how long it will be until the "evil Francie" is discovered?

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Evil Francie gave herself up tonight. One conversation with Will and it will be all over. She needs to join Sark and let Sydney grieve over the loss of Francie for a week.

This week we learn, Dixon is back doing undercover work for K-Directorate ;) and Sloane is now officially a target in the war on terrorism. The show seems to be getting better now that the star actors are all on the same "team." Hopefully, Sloane will be taken out so that Sark + "Evil Francie" + Irina can take over the evil end of things.

Still to be told this season:
Who is Syd's Father? - Sloane or Jack B or ?
Who is Syd's Twin/Step/Half Brother? - Vaughn, and/or Sark and/or ?
Is the Dentist really a goner now? I thought for sure his face would show in the torture scene.
Is the final piece of the puzzle Irina or Syd's DNA/Fingerprints?

Seems like there's more to tell now for at least a third year. Only 7 episodes to go this year?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was just average in my opinion. The more I see of this show, it starts to become more and more transparent. Perhaps it'll pay off at the ned of the season.

Little cross-thread humor, there.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the Ford product placement: I recall in the 1960's, shows like The FBI, The Invaders, The Outer Limits, etc, all had Ford only cars on those shows. Not that it's an exclusive that Ford places ads on TV shows. No worse then the huge ATT logos on phones in movies like In the Line of Fire. But I agree it can be distracting. A sign of acceptance the show is a ratings winner for ABC and any product that can attach itself to the show. Hmmm, this reminds me, no more Nokia?

I continue to enjoy Marshall's geekiness revealing more of itself. He's well integrated in the CIA group and getting on everyone's nerves. It's a hoot. Although I was amazed how fast and "just in time" the situation at the end is resolved.

Nelson

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Marshall's bits were hilarious as usual, and Will's "I can get you the web address." was classic.

It's good to see Dixon get back on the spy horse again (even if he turns out to be K-Directorate).

The scenes with FakeFrancie and Sydney are really creepy.

The "human microwave" device being used in a church was pretty eerie too.

If I never see a Ford Focus again, it would be too soon.

Sydney was really bummed when she found out her bedroom was video-surveillanced.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I agree with both of these Patrick, but the scenes with Francie and Sydney really freek me out.
Me as well. I am not sure if it so freaky b/c we know it's not the real Francie, or b/c of the way she acts around Syd. Probably a little of both.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I know that many felt that the swimsuit and lingerie shots were gratuitous cheesecake, but did they really have to dress her up as a little old lady? :)

At least we now know that the Ford Focus is not even remotely bulletproof. That hood latch came undone with little provocation. This is not a high quality car for a secret agent to be driving. I really think Ford is targeting the incompetent henchman market with this product placement. :)

It's my impression that the on-screen death count is much higher since the Super Bowl. Is it just me? Did the creators think that the ratings were low because the audience wanted to see more people burning to death?

Brad

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, it might also just be that things are coming to a head - they've spent a year and a half plotting to bring down SD-6 and amassing the plans for this superweapon, and now they're getting into endgame territory.

Pretty decent, although I'm not sure why they had to include the comment about the Rimbaldi device disrupting electronics, thus "it could bring down an airplane" (well, okay, I do know: obvious foreshadowing). Still, one would think that incinerating everyone in it would bring down an airplane, too.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I know that many felt that the swimsuit and lingerie shots were gratuitous cheesecake, but did they really have to dress her up as a little old lady?
Yeah, but they more than made up for it with the exercise scene, with Syd doing the cruches, and then changing shorts!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I have a feeling Evil Francie will be found out next week (they really haven't done anything with her yet).

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I don't understand how this Rambaldi device is supposed to bring down airplanes by disrupting electronics. If that were true, why did they still have video surveillance on Sark at the church? And no other electronic devices seemed to be affected, which would make sense because the radiation from the device is supposed to interact with fat and water, which electronic devices have neither.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
Well, I suppose in the SydneyVerse, you just have to take them at their word. The thing that I found rather laughable was the waaaay too unrealistic time compression with all the going from HQ to Mexico City back to HQ and then to Afghanistan. I mean, don't these people ever get jetlagged ? :)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I usually have no problem accepting the often ridiculous explanations given in the show, but I do have problems with an explanation that contradicts what was said one minute earlier. So when they tell me that the device only affects organic beings (anything with fat or water), but then, in the very next sentence, say it will affect airplanes, I don't know what to think.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
don't these people ever get jetlagged?
Oh please, are you kidding me? The government probably has a massive supply of top secret jet lag drugs. :D

Seriously though, they don't spend too much time in the countries they "visit," and they can rest up on the plane. If you try hard enough, you can stay awake for a few days straight. I had a student teacher who once stayed awake for five days straight on purpose. He wanted to see if he could do it. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just read that Alias lost to the 2nd hour of the X-Men movie playing on Fox last night in the ratings. :angry:

Jay W

Supporting Actor
I echo some of the sentiments here that the show is becoming a little lackluster this season. I was really into it during Season 1 but Season 2 has progressively taken a new direction that didn't focus on the interesting aspects of the continual storyline (imho of course). I can see why they are trying for a more stand-alone approach after the superbowl to try and lure viewers but I think I might drop the show soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks