What's new

Alias 01/26/03 - Phase One (2 Viewers)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
But pretty much anything would have been better than the evil twin idea, which is just incredibly stupid.
Actually, I can see it working quite well. I look at it this way: Syd probably won't be paying that much attention to Francie since Syd spends so much time at the CIA nowadays. The key is going to be what they are going to do about Will, since he's more likely to notice something wrong with Francie. I don't think it was an accident that they wrote in Will and Francie together right before Francie gets whacked. After the last episode, I have a lot more trust in the writing staff, since I knew the "double agent" plot wasn't going to work much longer, and luckily, the writers knew that.

As for Syd's reluctency to kill people, I see that consistant with her personality of having a hard time making the tough choices. There are a lot of times that she should make the cold, hard decision (that her father probably would have no problem making), and it is tough for her. For me, that makes her human and I appriciate it.

Jason

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Also, I'm wondering what the explanation is going to be for why Will wasn't able to get to safety with Francie.
Either

1. Poor editing: some time had passed, and Syd had gotten the word out to Will to return; or

2. Will is not to be trusted; or

3. Will has been a) kidnapped (again) or b) killed.

(I like 3b best, but 2 would be neat, and 1 is probably most likely)

John_VI

Second Unit
When I saw the blood on the wall I was CERTAIN we were going to see Will's body on the floor. But now with Francie gone and Evil Francie in her place, how long will it be before Will notices? Will Evil Francie know about the trist between Will and Francie? Could be an interesting story line development. And I wonder how many episodes will pass before the Bristow's find out about Sloan. My bet is....not too many. Maybe even next week.

And am I the only one who thinks that the actress who plays Francie/Evil Francie is kinda hot? Not up to Jennifer Garner's standards by a long stretch, but hot nonetheless. She has beautiful eyes, a great smile and a wonderful voice. But my opinion will probably change now that her first character is toast and she'll be portraying an evil bitch devoted to Syd's destruction (possibly?).

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think she's hot, the actress who played Francie.

It's funny, J.J. said in an interview that he had a big story coming up for her character,(by this time I'm at like episode 6 of season 2) and I thought "It must be her restaurant.

After last nights.... I can see what he meant. :)

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
Very good ep, but I thought the scene where Syd kills Rutger was kinda underwritten/underplayed. Chance to show a deeper level of Syd when she walks in on a guy putting 500 volts through her beloved Dad.

Shouldn't the scene have had more of a reaction shot and some dialog a la "Get away from him you miserable little prick!" to show her finally venting all the anger she must have towards SD-6 and Sloan, for whom Rutger is a surrogate?

Oh well, I'll keep my day job and let the writers keep theirs...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Come fall, video gamers will have the chance to make Sydney Bristow do whatever they want.

Video-game maker Acclaim has reached an agreement with Disney Interactive to release a game based on ABC's spy thriller "Alias." The game will be released across all platforms.

Details of the "Alias" game are few at this point. Acclaim says players will be able to control Sydney (played by Jennifer Garner on the series) and attempt to complete a number of missions involving espionage, combat and stealth tactics.

Acclaim says the show, with its multiple locations and high levels of action, "lends itself perfectly to interactive entertainment."

The "Alias" game is scheduled for release in the fall.
www.zap2it.com

This is so weird, because just last week, I was going to come on here and ask "What are the odds this will ever happen? I think it would work really well as a video game."

Can't wait to get my grubbly little hands on this. Hopefully there'll be some kind of thing that lets you pick your own "Alias" per mission, that would be cool as hell. :)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Or neither one... ;)

I hope it's not like SPLINTER cell, where she just walks around quietly not disrupting things, and knocking guys out.

I hope it's like the show. Gadgets, and missions involving secrets and stuff. It would also be cool if there was more than one way out of a mission. Like, guards are coming, so you can pick the window or the door... which one is safer? Which one leads to the rendevous point faster? stuff like that.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Video-game maker Acclaim has reached an agreement with Disney Interactive to release a game based on ABC's spy thriller "Alias." The game will be released across all platforms
It's goiing to be TERRIBLE

1-It's a licensed title made by Acclaim, who has a long history of horrific licensed games

2-It has a development cycle of 9-10 months. FORGET IT. This means they'll have just enough time to get something running. Rent the Dark Angel or Minority Report games for a preview methinks

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
jeez, you'd think with a 100 million, freedom from the Alliance and living on a tropical island, he'd just relax and enjoy life....what an overachiever :)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I thought the scene where Syd kills Rutger was kinda underwritten/underplayed. Chance to show a deeper level of Syd when she walks in on a guy putting 500 volts through her beloved Dad.
Actually, I thought it was very well done and nicely avoided the cliches you talk about. There wasn't time to have any dialog; Geiger wasn't interesting in anything but immediately eliminating the threat Syd represented, and Syd saw him reaching for a weapon (as well as seeing her dad on the torture table) so she shot him.

I was quite satisfied with the multiple shot kill. :D The fact that she continued to fire was, for me, as eloquent as anything she could have said to Geiger.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I missed this episode.
According to the online TV Guide it looks like I'll get another shot at seeing it Sunday.
BUT...the timing looks iffy, it's on after the ProBowl. And that will screw up a possibility of taping Kingpin.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
What a great show! (Finally got around to watching it.)

My wife was sooooo happy to see Sydney & Vaughn finally get it on. :D

We were laughing our asses off when Vaughn was watching her with that scumbag on the plane. When he made her change Vaughn was losing it. "Why that son of a... I'll kill him!"
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks