What's new

Alias 01/26/03 - Phase One (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, at least Sydney and Vaughn are going to be hittin' it tonight!

If Dixon turns out to be K-Directorate, that would work because it's been hinted at in the past, and when he and "Francie" cross paths, it's gonna be interesting.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I was very disappointed at first with the beginning how they went back and summed up everything that was going on, but I guess they had to do it because of potential new super bowl watchers. I just hope this doesn't mean they will be dumbing down each episode. This episode just didn't feel right until the last 5-10 minutes. It felt out of order or something.

Allen W

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick M - West Wing and Alias are also my two must not miss shows. As has been discussed on this board Alias does require the viewer to suspend reality - as in Michael and Sydney-- we're going to go on a SWAT style raid, shoot a bunch of people, and then fall into each other's arms and makeout. But if you have been following the show that has been building for 2 years.

The show has had a definite formula, Sydney gets an assignment from SD6 to go to some exotic locale and retrieve some device, she picks up some piece of gizmo technology from Marshall, gets her double agent counter-mission from CIA and off she goes. I guess the double agent plots will go away now!

I am hoping that Marshall and Dixon can join the real CIA now and work for the good guys.

Allen W

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah - I do think it is possible Dixon is K-directorate - he might like Sydney enough to do her one favor (send her the code) even if he knew it would not be good for him.

I do think some of this weeks episode was oversimplified for new viewers to catch up - I noticed the flashed SD6 headquarters on the screen when Sydney walked into the building - I don't think they usually do that.

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
Allen W., I have no problem suspending reality, at least I didnt for this episode...I viewed it the same way I do Bond....perhaps a bit unreasonable for the real world, but close enough for me to throughly enjoy, which is standard by which I hold to most tv and movies. West Wing has definately improved this season too, I am glad I have found a companion show to enjoy. I like smart TV that makes you think, and Alias made me think a little tonight. I hope it continues to do so. In the mean time, I will have to try to catch up on the rest of the story.

ABC definately achieved their goal for this show post super-bowl it seems...the regulars who watch it appear to be happy, and they have worked it where some new folks can jump on board and they can build their viewship base. Not too often you can say a network did something right...so good job ABC.

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
Although I must add...this does not get ABC off the hook for producing crap TV like the Bacholorette :D

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone pay attention when the e-mail arrives from Dixon to Syd? It was a fast edit, but I thought the e-mail warning dialog box said she had 2 messages. But she only read the one from Dixon. Maybe I thought I saw 2 messages.

Nelson

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I really wish I taped this one b/c I want to replay that last scene again. Francie is dead in the bathtub, but who shot her? Was that person supposed to look like a "Francie" double, or was that Anna?

When I first saw the person on the phone, I was so SHOCKED to learn she (what looked like Francie at quick glance) was the mole that I didn't pay too close attention to the facial details. Then when they panned to the left and we saw dead Francie, I wanted to rewind it to see who it was who was talking on the phone/who shot Francie. Anyone else have this problem?

Now I am hearing of "Francie" doubles or Anna with plastic surgery. Set me straight please!! What did the killer "look" like? Who was it "supposed" to be?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
OH. MY. GOD!!

So how do we know that Anna Espinoza is back then?
We don't. But unless Francie had a twin sister, Anna Espinosa is the only character introduced so far (with the help of Mr. Plastic Surgery) that could reasonably double for her. It could be a whole new character, but I find it interesting that so many of us has the same idea (plus Gina Torres is free now that Firefly is gone)

I really can't believe Francie is dead. She was the one pure, untouched-by-the-evils-of-spying, character. She really grounded Sydney and she will really be missed.

I really underestimated Sloane's talents. He is quite the little mastermind.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Not doing anymore cliff-hangers - MY ASS!!
Imagine how well the DVD set would sell if it were to be released this Tuesday...
Awesome episode, Syd's Mom and Sloane are probably in this together. I still think that Dixon is K/D. I truely hope that was Anna, which I never thought of, cause she was the perfect opposite of Sydney and we havent seen her for a LONG time.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
The way the good guys will spot the mole/Francie now is that Will, having "made out" with Francie, will realize that something is different about her when he does it again.

I think someone mentioned a few weeks ago that a regular character was going to have to be killed off to keep the story line flowing. I first thought Dixon was going to be killed during the raid. Then when we saw evilFrancie and the blood (EF, tm) I first thought, damn Will is dead. Obviously I was wrong. Great show.

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
I was expecting a scene with Sydney's mom, but I guess that would of made the episode too confusing for new viewers. I bet we get it next week for sure.

Great episode. It will be interesting which direction this goes.

Alexander_G

Auditioning
Well I was one of the new viewers ABC hooked with the Super Bowl ads. My oh my Jennifer Garner is hot. :D

I felt a little lost watching it but enjoyed it. I will definately be tuning in in the future.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've only been watching for the past few episodes. I think it is great that they wrapped up the "double agent" angle, since it was starting to fall apart. They handled it quite well to have it make sense. Good, Sloane isn't an idiot. He's been keeping the knowlege under his hat to use it to his advantage. Briliant episode.

Jason

Paul P

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
If dixon is k-d, then why have a wife and family? Sounds a little dangerous considering that phone call he made. Sloan is the MAN. Not like Irina, but still unbelievable. I think Sark essentially told Sloane about Irina and her plan to bring down the alliance, which was all part of phase I. He thought it was a great idea. Now he doesn't have to compromise with anyone. He can bring back emily and live as he likes. Well except for the rest of the intelligence community trying to hunt him down. :D
From the first episode up to now, quality writing, acting, and directing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks