What's new

Alfred Hitchcock Signature Collection: 9/7! (1 Viewer)

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Not everything he touched turned to gold. IMO, about half the set is worth at most a rent. Is anyone really dying to own Mr. & Mrs. Smith?

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Not everything he touched turned to gold. IMO, about half the set is worth at most a rent. Is anyone really dying to own Mr. & Mrs. Smith?

DouglasBr

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking forward to owning two of what are commonly considered among Hitchcock's lesser titles, viz., Stage Fright and I Confess. They are personal favorites of my family. I also look forward to all the other titles in the set, as I currently own none of them on DVD. So I guess to each his own.

I'm not dying to own any of them, just looking forward to it.

DouglasBr

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking forward to owning two of what are commonly considered among Hitchcock's lesser titles, viz., Stage Fright and I Confess. They are personal favorites of my family. I also look forward to all the other titles in the set, as I currently own none of them on DVD. So I guess to each his own.

I'm not dying to own any of them, just looking forward to it.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Yes. I am.

There are titles in here I don't want - I Confess and The Wrong Man, and I wouldn't buy them on their own (no matter how cheap), but that doesn't mean they're not worth $10 to anyone who does like them.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Yes. I am.

There are titles in here I don't want - I Confess and The Wrong Man, and I wouldn't buy them on their own (no matter how cheap), but that doesn't mean they're not worth $10 to anyone who does like them.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I am. Is there another decent quality Carole Lombard release on DVD in North America besides the Criterion "My Man Godfrey"?

Regards,

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I am. Is there another decent quality Carole Lombard release on DVD in North America besides the Criterion "My Man Godfrey"?

Regards,

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I can now retire my SVHS copies of I, Confess, Stage Fright and Mr. & Mrs. Smith, all of which I am eager to own on DVD.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I can now retire my SVHS copies of I, Confess, Stage Fright and Mr. & Mrs. Smith, all of which I am eager to own on DVD.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

It's a really underrated film. Perhaps it's not in the same league as McCarey and Capra comedies, but it's still a good, funny movie.

I think that since Hitchcock was able to do comedy so well in his regular suspense films, a real comedy would not suffer from quality. For example, some of the funnier scenes (like the auction and court room scenes) in North By Northwest rival entire comedies in terms of hilarity. Heck, even Hitchcock regarded his films as comedies!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

It's a really underrated film. Perhaps it's not in the same league as McCarey and Capra comedies, but it's still a good, funny movie.

I think that since Hitchcock was able to do comedy so well in his regular suspense films, a real comedy would not suffer from quality. For example, some of the funnier scenes (like the auction and court room scenes) in North By Northwest rival entire comedies in terms of hilarity. Heck, even Hitchcock regarded his films as comedies!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

I caught this on TCM recently and it indeed was a very enjoyable movie although I agree with you that it is second tier Hitchcock. One forgets that Hitch directed it because it was such a departure style wise. I've not seen Stage Fright, I Confess, or Wrong Man and I'm really looking forward to seeing those. In my opinion, second tier Hitchcock is still heads and shoulders above most everything else.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks