Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 4

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Trevtpir, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Trevtpir

Trevtpir Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard yet about Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 4 DVDs yet? I've been watching season 4 on Hulu and would love to have it on DVD? There's even artwork for the release. Is it close?

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Nothing more than a guess but since Universal feels the need to put them out around Halloween, I think the earliest we'll see it is October 2010.

3. Bill:N

Bill:N Stunt Coordinator

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

5. Rick Z.

Rick Z. Stunt Coordinator

Ricardo
    The following is a transcript from an email I got this morning announcing the fourth season of AHP:

Dear "Alfred Hitchcock" Fan,

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is pleased to announce the DVD release of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season Four" on November 24, 2009.

Legendary, award-winning and suspenseful, "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" set the gold standard for all TV mystery series to come and has remained an indelible part of popular culture. And now, the complete fourth season – all 36 episodes – is available on DVD for fans to enjoy again and again. Join guest stars Steve McQueen (Bullitt), Bette Davis (All About Eve), Claude Rains (Casablanca), Cloris Leachman (Young Frankenstein), Roger Moore (The Spy Who Loved Me), Walter Matthau (The Odd Couple), Brian Keith (Family Affair), Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched), Art Carney (Harry and Tonto), Mary Astor (The Maltese Falcon), Barbara Bel Geddes (Dallas), Denholm Elliott (Raiders of the Lost Ark), Dick York (Bewitched), Leslie Nielsen (Airplane!) and more as they act in stories of intrigue and murder … all under the watchful eye of the Master of Suspense himself. Nominated for 15 Primetime Emmy® Awards, and winner of 3 Primetime Emmy® Awards plus the Golden Globe® for Television Achievement, there’s no question why this show remains one of the most beloved classic series ever made.

Thank you for your continued interest.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
    UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Thank God that AHP S4 on Hulu wasn't an indicator of anything, after all !

6. Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff Cinematographer

Joe
    I'm not sure what you mean by that ... ? I guess I don't catch the point, because I'm not very familiar with Hulu. Does an appearance on Hulu usually mean there won't be a DVD release of something?

7. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd pretty much written off more AHP releases. Thanks, Universal!

8. Trevtpir

Trevtpir Stunt Coordinator

There we go!! 11-24-09.

9. JoshuaB.

JoshuaB. Second Unit

Joshua
    Excellent news! I've been craving more AHP! Thanks, Universal--oh by the way, please don't make me wait another four years for Night Gallery S3! ;)

10. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    I have season 4 on hold at my local Barnes & Noble, can't wait to start watching this season. I just have to remember to not rush through it so fast. .. and yeah where is Season 3 of NIGHT GALLERY!?

[​IMG]

11. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    Just a heads up for anyone else interested in this set ... If you combine the Deep Discount 40% off sale ($27.99) with one of their $5 off coupon codes (FLNHEICBBA), you can get Season 4 for $22.95. That's what I did, and also received it a few days ago. The sale is good through November 29. And I'm very happy Uniiversal is continuing these releases.

12. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    Noticed the back cover states 2008 Universal packaging and release. So this was due out last year and just delayed. Esp since the cover art kind of leaked out super early last year.

Better late than never. I just hope the season sells decent enough. A lot of star power for sure this season.

and these are single sided discs for those who may have been worried about flippers. :)