What's new

Alexander Korda's The Four Feathers (R2) (1 Viewer)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've just got the R2 version of Alexander Korda's wonderful film THE FOUR FEATHERS (1939) issued by Carlton and the picture quality is superb. The color, in particular, is absolutely glorious. The only extra is the original trailer, which is fascinating in itself and which is also in excellent condition. For only £9.99 or less this is a real bargain.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Great! I've been waiting for this film for some time. I thought it would get released in R1 when the Heath Ledger version did but it wasn't.

Derek_McL

Second Unit
Its good to hear the colour in this title is excellent. I was very disappointed with the grain abundant in their version of the Olivier Henry V. I was going to get this title based on its reputation the glorious colour you mention has clinched the deal. There is nothing like glorious early colour!

My New Classic Films Website

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is great news, the only shame is the lack of extras. The Korda films do, in general, deserve the full bells and whistles releases.

BTW, I've been debating whether to get the Criterion Henry V; anyone got any comments?

---
So many films, so little time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks