What's new

Alcatraz - TV Series - 2012 (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Hi all,

I picked up Alcatraz the JJ Abrams series and was impressed with the show. I like the different criminals being brought int the fold. It is sad that the show was cancelled as i believe it had some really good promised to become a good show!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I too enjoyed it, but it suffered the same problem as another show that I remember, Invasion. Both shows crept along at a snail's pace with unfolding the plot. Today's viewer wants instant gratification, unwilling to wait to see major plot events develop. Invasion was also plagued by a long hiatus and moving around ABC's schedule several times. Such a shame, it was finally hitting its' stride at the end. A post cancellation appeal by its fans and numerous TV critiics failed to resurrect the show.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Richard V said:
I too enjoyed it, but it suffered the same problem as another show that I remember, Invasion. Both shows crept along at a snail's pace with unfolding the plot. Today's viewer wants instant gratification, unwilling to wait to see major plot events develop. Invasion was also plagued by a long hiatus and moving around ABC's schedule several times. Such a shame, it was finally hitting its' stride at the end. A post cancellation appeal by its fans and numerous TV critiics failed to resurrect the show.
I totally agree and last resoirt experience similar issues. Yet shows like of Games of Thrones seem to be very popular with limited number of episodes. So, studios get some things right!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have started to watch Alcatraz TV series again as I like the show. I really like how the plots go back and forth between the past and present day SF/Alcatraz.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Richard V said:
Frequent preemptions and/or shifting time slots has been the death of many a TV series. People think a show has already been cancelled, and they move on an watch something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks