Alcatraz - TV Series - 2012

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by younger1968, Jul 7, 2013.

1. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    Hi all,

I picked up Alcatraz the JJ Abrams series and was impressed with the show. I like the different criminals being brought int the fold. It is sad that the show was cancelled as i believe it had some really good promised to become a good show!

2. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    I too enjoyed it, but it suffered the same problem as another show that I remember, Invasion. Both shows crept along at a snail's pace with unfolding the plot. Today's viewer wants instant gratification, unwilling to wait to see major plot events develop. Invasion was also plagued by a long hiatus and moving around ABC's schedule several times. Such a shame, it was finally hitting its' stride at the end. A post cancellation appeal by its fans and numerous TV critiics failed to resurrect the show.

Regulus likes this.
  3. younger1968

paul young
    I totally agree and last resoirt experience similar issues. Yet shows like of Games of Thrones seem to be very popular with limited number of episodes. So, studios get some things right!

4. younger1968

paul young
    I have started to watch Alcatraz TV series again as I like the show. I really like how the plots go back and forth between the past and present day SF/Alcatraz.

5. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    Frequent preemptions and/or shifting time slots has been the death of many a TV series. People think a show has already been cancelled, and they move on an watch something else.