What's new

Airplane SE coming/ Viacom to tap Paramount library (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I've been watching The Naked Gun on TV lately and I was thinking about Special Editions. They could do it as a 2-disc set, 1 and 2 1/2 on one DVD (each film is only 80-something minutes long), 33 1/3 and the features on the second DVD. I'm thinking of new commentaries by Jerry Zucker, Jim Abrahams, Pat Proft, and Robert LoCash, outtakes, deleted/alternate scenes, trailers and TV spots, photos and storyboards, and new interviews with the cast.

And lest we forget, Paramount can use this as a cross-promotional opportunity to release Police Squad! on DVD.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

How about a 3 disc set. Each movie on one disc and then 2 Police Sqaud episodes on each disc.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I recall the original Airplane disc to be pretty damn good and included an excellent commentary. Was the original 16x9? If it is, I will definitely be holding on to my original disc.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I appears the excellent commentary carries over to the new edition. The only reason to upgrade is probably the deleted scenes.

Edit: I take that back. According to DVD Empire, the commentary is "new". We'll see, I guess.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
POLICE SQUAD! Yes, yes, YES we need this excellent series on DVD ASAP, with the original soundtrack intact. In the episode where Frank Drebin goes undercover as lounge singer extraordinaire Tony D'Wonderful, his Judy Garland tribute song (The Trolley Song) is lamely dubbed over with some crap that sounds vaguely like it, presumably due to copyright reasons. Also, some bizarre censorship involving this joke: "My sister is so dumb, she walked up to me with dog doo in her hand and said, 'Look what I almost stepped in!' " "Dog doo" is dubbed over with "hot tar". Is that lame or what? These two changes are present in the Paramount VHS version of that episode; I don't know if it was originally broadcast that way or not. The song redub doesn't sound like Leslie's voice, but the "hot tar" redub does.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Deleted scenes? PLEASE tell me the "Hi Jack" joke is in there. If so, this purchase will be a no brainer. I'll be picking this up regardless, since I hadn't purchased the existing DVD, but the inclusion of that scene in the extended edition would seal the deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks