What's new

Ahhh New Samsung HCM4216w went out in 2 weeks! (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I purchased my first RP HDTV two weeks ago. It was the 42" samsung 4216w and after calibrating it and some fine tweaking the picture was looking great, even analog cable. The convergence did get screwed up once (my fault) and I ended up doing a complete 64 point manual convergence and the picture was again near perfection.

Then last night when I turned on the tv it faded in from green and then everything started to flicker with random horizontal lines popping up and the guns slowly started to shift. Soon the convergence of every gun was off by nearly 8" in each direction. The red gun didn't even seem to firing at all now and it continued to flicker. I tried every input to see if it was just the cable but it is the same for all. When it flickers it also cuts the sound so you hear that pop with some static.

Does anyone know what could have gone wrong? I did buy the floor model but thoroughly checked it out at the store. (Soundtrack ie Ultimate Electronics). I also purchased the 5 year performance guarantee from them which includes as many in home calibration visits as I want so hopefully I will be covered for something like this. I just don't think it is a simple fix but rather that something needs to be replaced.

It just ticks me off. Anyone else with a samsung and have this problem? It really is a nice tv and I hope this is just a fluke. :frowning:

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Time to make use of that warranty.

Sorry to hear about your problems, though. Hang tough. If they can't fix it, you'll get a new TV, right?

Jan

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I called yesterday and over the phone they determained that I needed a new tv so they are delivering it today. I am quite impressed with their customer service. I didn't even have to complain or haggle. Just explained the problem and they put me on hold for about a minute, came back on and said "How about we deliver you a new tv tomorrow?"

Users who are viewing this thread