What's new

ah, oppo dv983 out of stock??? (1 Viewer)

AmusingistheDawn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
SO I went to order the 983 due to all the positive feedback, and I noticed that oppo was only selling refurbished units with the same warranty however...then I found a site that had the new one. I figured I go for the new, and they emailed me back saying that they are out of stock and so is oppo. They think it has something to do with the bdp-83 coming out. Should I just go with the refurbished unit? I called oppo and talked to a tech for a while. He said all the refurbished units only come back to the manufacturer because someone bought it and didn't want it. They aren't defective or had to have anything fixed. They are all pretty much 30 day returns. I asked about the BDP-83 and he said they are still working on the software, and have no clue when they will be done, but it is basically a 983 with blu-ray. I'm too anxious to wait, so I'm seriously thinking about the refurbished unit for 320 dollars from oppo.

AmusingistheDawn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I had an itchy typing finger and bought a refurbished unit from oppo themselves with the same 1 year warranty. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks