Age of Love

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Aaron Silverman, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    This show is a hoot! And I am SHOCKED that RAF hasn't posted about it already. [​IMG]

The concept is like Average Joes in reverse: a handsome 30-year-old guy (Mark Philippousis, the Australian tennis pro) chooses from two sets of women, one between the ages of 39-48 and the others between 20-27.

At first I thought the 48-year-old was a real knockout, but the more I look at her, the more she looks like she's had a facelift (or three). Maybe it's just the makeup in HD though. She's still smoking hot for a 48-year-old! [​IMG]

2. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

Yes, it's a hybrid of Average Joe & The Bachelor, although nobody on the show is actually ugly or overweight as was the case with AJ.

I love how the younger women seem to think they are automatically more desirable because of their age, as if an older woman's experience means nothing.

With their attitudes, the only plus I see with them is that they have many childbearing years left, but as far as someone to spend time with... ugh. (At least as far as the way they are portrayed on the show.)

This show is almost an ad for the benefits of dating women in their 40s. Of course not many that age look like the ones on the show...

3. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

Oh, I'd like to see a dating show where they start with an equal number of both sexes, rather than one man with 20 women or the like.

That would be more like reality- how often in real life can you date several people openly, but they are only allowed to date you? That's the flaw with these Bachelor-type shows: they assume all the women want that guy, almost like he's the only guy out there.

Seems like it could also be more interesting, since it wouldn't be just a matter of one person picking his favorite, but people dating in various combos, more like reality.

Maybe they could start with a speed dating format, and the ones with the fewest yes votes get sent home.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Wow, I didn't know that was Mark Phillipousis! I caught the first 5-10 minutes of it just to see the ladies, of course. I didn't see the very beginning though and might have missed the introduction but did they mention his full name then, they don't/didn't in the promos for the series..

Jay

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    They definitely mentioned Philippousis in the promos. Maybe not all of them though.

RAF, where are ya, buddy? [​IMG]

6. Jeff Pounds

Jeff Pounds Second Unit

Yeah - I don't remember if they actually said this on the show or not, but it seems that the producers went out of their way to cast successful, interesting and intelligent older women and a bunch of moronic, ditzy eye candy for the younger women.

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

I don't think that's such an uncommon attitude for women of that age to have. [​IMG]

8. gushin

gushin Stunt Coordinator

This has actually become my guilty pleasure of the TV offseason. I can't believe he eliminated Adelaide.

9. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    Yeah, she was a cutie. But it sounded like she'd lost interest in him as well.

10. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

I noticed no one has posted on the show in awhile. I'm still enjoying it every week and it's keeping my interest. I was a bit surprised that he let go the last woman,but I guess she her plan didn't go the way she was hoping.

11. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alfie
    My wife and I are slowly losing interest because the dude is a complete LOSER and the ladies are so fake....we may just catch the final ep to see who he ends up with.

12. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Watched this for the first time last week. Thought it was funny as hell. I may just have to keep watching and see how it ends.

13. gushin

gushin Stunt Coordinator

I was hoping for Jen, but no. Ah well, a woman in the 20's it is.

14. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    They should've used an older guy. He was only a few years older than the young women, but 18 years younger than Jen (and more than 10 years younger than all but one of the other older women). Not really a fair comparison.

Anyone else look at the chick who won and think "Agent Smith?" [​IMG] (I wonder if the fact that Hugo Weaving is Australian had any subliminal effect. . .)

15. gushin

gushin Stunt Coordinator

16. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman
    Well, obviously -- if they didn't stay apart, then how could they keep the result a secret?

17. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt

As was I. But honestly, if I was his age I probably would have picked Amanda too. [​IMG]