What's new

After Bionics, What Time-Life should do? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

Just some fanciful wishing here, but what do you think should Time-Life should work on after the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman sets?

My hopes for 2011:

classic series: Eight is Enough or WKRP in Cincinatti (with original music intact)

newer series: Wonder Years or China Beach. Maybe Time/Life could resolve the music issues.

Girl from Uncle. . . They did do the Man From Uncle.

What do you think they should work on next?

Do think, the Adam West Batman would be too problematic for even them.

James

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Maverick would be nice...it's basically unreleased, except for the one-disc sampler that Warners put out.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I would be so on board for a MAVERICK release by T-L!

With all the care they are showing for 6M$M, including extras, pilot films, reunion films and so forth, I would like to see what they would do with Maverick.

Nice to have them all remastered, in a set including The New Maverick telefilm and the spinoff series Young Maverick and Bret Maverick.

No doubt that MAVERICK would get my vote for a great T-L release.

Of course, my second vote would have to go for BATMAN.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

I'd vote for "Eight Is Enough" but the last time we heard something about that one was it's tied up in legal issues.

Agree on that one. I'd love to get a nice set of uncut episodes of that series. Assuming that a prior release wouldn't rule a show out, I would go with Family as my first choice.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'd love to see Time Life release their 1970s WWII documentary series GI Diary. Used to be aired all the time on television but haven't seen it in 15 years or so now.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Time Life has deep pockets, but are they deep enough to clear all the rights problems with Batman (or Shazam for that matter) ??

If rights holders flat out don't want to negotiate then it probably won't happen.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
There's been a lot of clips from the early 70s Johnny Cash show showing up on You Tube lately that hasn't been released in any of the retail compilations thus far.

That got me to thinking...any chance that Time Life could be looking at this as one of their next releases? They certainly would be in better position to obtain musical clearances than most.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
The complete UNCUT CBS Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour/Sonny & Cher Show (101 episodes total) uncut. Would be awesome but because of all the musical acts and licensing and clearances I know it's just a dream.

The Carol Burnett Show would also be wonderful to seev in it's entirety. It would be quite a task and a HUGE set if it was released . Alot of the earlier season shows have not been see since their original airings.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'd love to see them do The King Family Show. I'm hoping the family itself gets more of it out eventually (They have clips on YouTube and a few specials from the show's run available on DVD directly), but it would be certainly nice to see it recieve some professional treatment to get the entire thing out there.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
What I'd like to see: the complete Naked City, or the complete The Defenders. What we will probably see: a show that aging baby boomers watched as children/teens.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

I'd love to see them do The King Family Show. I'm hoping the family itself gets more of it out eventually (They have clips on YouTube and a few specials from the show's run available on DVD directly), but it would be certainly nice to see it recieve some professional treatment to get the entire thing out there.

Are you talking about the ABC show from the mid-60s? If so, I really question as to the show still existing. They aren't at any archive that I'm aware of and ABC was notorious for dumping all of their videotaped variety shows of that era. I think if it did exist on kinescopes, then they would be at UCLA but they are not.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'd have to go with WKRP (from S1 w/all music intact), Maverick, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, or (of course) 60's Batman. Any of those 4 I'd purchase even at TL inflated prices.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Since they did Real Ghostbusters why not do what I consider to be "The Holy Grail" of Animated series:

Ken Snyder's Hot Wheels and Skyhawks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks