What's new

Advice with home entertainment system (1 Viewer)

scrawnzo

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Austin
This is what I currently have: TV Room Samsung flat screen Wii DVD player Apple TV box Cable TV box Ethernet point to office Office iMac w/iTunes (naturally) Verandah and Living Room Cable points for speakers This is what I wish to accomplish: TV Room Install Home Theatre system - have in mind the Energy RC-Micro 5.1 Surround Speaker System Verandah and Living Room (Zone 2) Install speakers for music - have these in mind: Polk Audio Atrium 4 Speakers Do I simply need just the AV receiver or should I also get an amplifier for Zone 2? There are so many mixed reviews from customers on these devices. Receivers Denon AVR-1912 7.1 Yamaha RX-V671BL Pioneer VSX-1021-K 7.1 Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Amp Onkyo M-282 2-Channel Power Amplifier If I understand correctly what I have read, I presume with the AppleTV it is not necessary to have the AirPlay option?

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
1) You don't need an amp with any of the receivers listed if you are only running a 5.1 system in your "Home Theater". The extra two channels can be used for other room amplifications and should be assignable. For sure the Pioneer and Yamaha will have this feature, not sure why the Onkyo or Denon wouldn't. 2) Why are you getting outdoor speakers for Verandah and Living room? Will they be getting wet?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
scrawnzo said:
Amp Onkyo M-282 2-Channel Power Amplifier
You don’t need a 150 wpc channel amp for your veranda or living room speakers. One or two of these (depending on whether or not your receiver can re-assign two of the 7.1 channels to the second zone) will do just fine. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks