What's new

Advice on dogs. (1 Viewer)

Seth--L

Screenwriter

It's also an issue that dogs have been bread to be social creatures, and in general don't like being left alone. Dogs often develop behavioral problems when isolated for long amounts of time and not allowed to properly socialize.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk by saying you're not worthy to own a dog, but if time is such an issue that you're already looking for a specific dog that you hope will fit into your schedule, it may be in both your and the potential dog's best interest to wait.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

IIRC, #2. #1 is the Border Collie, no real surprise there. This was second-hand from the missus, who read the article. Her family has a nice smart mutt (pomeranian/spitz cross, as far as anyone can tell), who is a very sprightly 13 -- even the vet got fooled and thought she (the dog, not the missus!) was a mere 5 2-3 years ago when she was already 10 or 11.

The missus and I have our own place, so we have the dog over on weekends. The missus wants another dog, but precisely because we're both working stiffs, I keep telling her, "convince your mom to agree to provide doggie day-care" first before we can consider it.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
We have a a mixed sheppard/lab and a Blue Tick hound lab mix. The sheppard which was the 1st of the two can handle being alone by himself.....Both dogs were picked up from the humane society......I enjoy the Lab mixes...very friendly but a tad on the energetic side.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
We have a cockapoo. He's 20lbs and pretty easy to live with. Good disposition, fairly smart and doesn't require a whole lot of maintenance. He doesn't shed but needs to be groomed about every 3 months.

He's basically is a house dog. We have a good size house so he gets plenty of exercise. I'm not really big on pets. My wife and kids wanted a dog. I have to admit though, that I've grown rather fond of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks