What's new

Advice for newbie (1 Viewer)

yacob

Auditioning
Real Name
riou hiouraken
Hi all, I want make home theater for my house... i confused between choosing steinway lyngdorf or mcintosh home theater...Please advice...thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Confused about what?

Those are the Rolls Royce and Bentley of A/V.

Both are superb.
Both are stupid expensive.
Steinway Lyngdorf is stupid simple.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum riou. Since both choices are good it sounds like youll need to do some auditioning to find what you like :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Type A said:
Welcome to the forum riou. Since both choices are good it sounds like youll need to do some auditioning to find what you like :)
Back when Steinway created the Lyngdorf(or releashed some cash to create it...forget the whole story) Gryphon was just sold(I'm not even sure whoever bought Gryphon still owns it).

Lyngdorf "needed a job" and thus another "if you have to ask how expensive this is...your credit card must not be made from real Gold" A/V enterprises.

And that 2nd sentence pretty much explains how every speaker/AV manufacturer got started...Like SVS to PowerSound...except Steinway Lyngdorf...their "toys" are LearJets and Ferrari's.

yacob

Auditioning
Real Name
riou hiouraken
Ok, so in yours opinion, for their sound quality may i know the comparison between steinway and mac ?

Creativesound

Auditioning
Real Name
Creative Sound
Both are great A/V systems and I think you would be happy with the quality and performance no matter which on you end up choosing. I personally prefer the Steinway Lyngdorf though only because it's the one I am most familiar with. Hope this helps and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks