What's new

Adventures of Robin Hood DVD Question (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I'm about to order myself a copy of the new 2-Disc edition of the Errol Flynn classic The Adventures of Robin Hood. Amazon mentions that its full screen. Is there a widescreen version available?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
No need to worry - full screen *is* the correct format as Robin Hood was an Academy-ratio (approx 1.37) film.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The Adventures of Robin Hood, like most pre-1953 films, was shot in the Academy Ratio format, meaning the 1.33:1 DVD correctly exhibits the image.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This movie was made in 1938, approximately 15 years before widescreen was heavily used. That said, this film was shot at a ratio of 1.33:1 and is the proper version to watch. Don't hesitate to order and enjoy this tremendous DVD.

Elvie

Stunt Coordinator
DVD is wonderful to watch ... especially if you're like me and have tried to sit through it on tv broadcasts. The picture is nice and clear and there is an option to run it with the music only (love that :)) I'm not too sure about the commentary track since I've only listened to a short bit of it (about 15-20 mins worth), the guy sounds like he knows a lot about camera angles and stuff but he is a bit dull (sounds a bit too much like a class lecture in the bit I listened to). :)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Another question - How come the trailer for The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex which is included amongst the extras with The Adventures of Robin Hood, is in black and white? have Warner Bros lost the color original?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks