What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion Part VI (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
Dave- I used HOHOHO and got Jin-Roh for $11.

My DVD collection is approaching 400- I'm going to buy a Sony 400 megachanger soon.

Eric Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Hellsing Vol.1, 2, and 3. I got the box and Vol. 4 already, so now I'm done another series! Rob was right- my live-action movies and video games are dwindling.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Doug:

It's a great series, but apparently covers only part of the manga. Anime on DVD has reviews for each of the disks. It's definitely worth getting.

Rob/Kong/Woo/Anyone else with an all region player:

I just got finished watching Azumi, and you must pick up this movie :). Lots of jidaigeki action. Ryuhei Kitamura is rapidly becoming one of my favorite Japanese directors. The Deluxe Limited Edition also comes with a special story from the manga.

John.

Bryan_Bortz

Stunt Coordinator
hmm, I have seen 2 ***subbed episodes of Last Exile (ep 1 and 2).

Very different... The war seemed to be totally illogical, but maybe that is the point, to exaggerate it... hmmm I think I shall rent the first disc, since these ***subs lack in the quality department...

;)

Finding out what is under the clouds is another reason for me to keep watching...

Oh, and Fullmetal Alchemist rocks, I will definitely be collecting that one.

-Owl

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Bryan, you can say the word fansub... I don't think anyone around here cares! :)

As long as you don't tell people where to get them... you can say it as much as you want...
fansub
fansub
FANSUBS

;)

The series really heats up (and the "war" makes much more sense) around episode 6 or 7. Fullmetal Alchemist is on episode #8 and there hasn't been an episode that hasn't been utterly amazing yet! It's great! :D:emoji_thumbsup: I wanna cosplay as Edward for MegaCon (Al would probably be utterly impossible without some major vacuform work... I'll leave that to the pros ;))

Bryan_Bortz

Stunt Coordinator
hehe, I was not sure :) I know some forums don't want you to talk about em at all. :) not even mention if they are good quality or not. :D

-Owl

edit Whoa, 8 is out, and DAMN 868 seeds, and 1986 dowloaders... we must not be the only ones who think this rocks.

Rob, know anything on what Square-Enix does for the show? I am a long time Final Fantasy/Square fan, so it would be cool to know. (Specially since FF:U was a big letdown, imho...)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of new series, I started watching MaBuRaHo... it's great. It's about a very non-magically-inclined kid who attends an the most prestigious magic user high school in Japan. In this world your status is based on how many times you can use magic... most of the kids in the school has 10,000 or more uses, he has 8. But little does he know that he is a distant relative of some of the greatest magicians in the entire world! And some girls in the school will do ANYTHING to inherit the genes of his future child (who has the possiblity of being the greatest magician EVER), if you know what I mean ;) Very funny new show.

Rob, know anything on what Square-Enix does for the show?
I believe Square-Enix is in charge of the story (BONES does the animation and Bandai is in charge of funding)

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Eric:

S-Cry-Ed: Both the manga and the anime are quite entertaining and can be viewed on their own merits. Great action series with a very interesting story. Manga is only 5 volumes and all of them are out. Currently I think it's up to dvd #3, which I have yet to watch. ;) Recommend that you collect it.

Doug:

Hellsing: Alucard kicks some serious butt in the series, and clocking in at a very quick 13 eps, this is one of the best vampire series out yet. Got it at Otakon 2003 for $100 and it was worth every penny. Too bad there seems to be no urge to continue the kickass story. Easily recommended for some serious fun.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Dave:

I just went over to Tokyopop's site, and I couldn't find anything about CotS. They probably haven't officially announced them yet.

John.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Since today is DVD Day (TM) again, what titles are people buying today, if any? I'm picking up X2 and Full Metal Panic vol. 5, and probably three other disks as well.

John.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Brian,

For Fullmetal Alchemists, Square Enix is the financial backer of the show, so that in turn, they can get the rights to release the RPG game for PS2 (Japan only). The PS2 Game should be coming out sometime soon. *hehehehehe* I want a PS2 so I can play this game. But definitely, this series is a must buy for me for R2. It has everything I like in a show. :)

Damn, and I thought it was going to be a light anime season. Oh well... I've calculated how many volumes it will be...7 volumes for every 26 episodes for R2...so 14 total...which isn't bad for a 52 episodes R2 DVD. And the R2 will be in super jewel cases. I think a lot of Japanese are complaining about the lack of shelf space using the regular keepcases. Ooh, and there's gonna be 2 boxes for the show!!! Yes!!!

Remember, ep #9 of FMA comes out this Saturday!!! :)

As for the battle in Last Exile, the concept of land tactic battles in the air is so intriguing. They won't tell you why it's done as such, but the fact that this is what Maehiro Maeda wants to show the power of his imagination. :) And it's gorgeous!!! All my friends love this series to death! :)

JohnAD:

Initial D already cost me a bundle because it's heavy and the shipping was ridiculous. Otherwise, they're great! :)

Bryan_Bortz

Stunt Coordinator
Its Bryan ;).

That does make a bit more sense, them being in to make a game for it.

And you say it will be 52 episodes!? woo dog, lets hope they keep the quality up!

-Owl

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Perusing amazon.com looking to pad an order, I saw that they have Crest of the Stars, paperback, listed twice (June and August 2004) from Tokyopop. Is this a translation of the novels?? Did I miss some news??
Apparently at BAAF, Tokyopop announced that they had the licence for the CotS MANGA. As far as I know, it isn't the novels.

Jason

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
There's a Crest manga?! :)

I picked up Heat Guy J v. 2 at Target for $14.99, minus my 10% employee discount made it come out to $13.49 plus tax! :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks