What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion Part V (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Jason, did you come to Otakon?
No, unfortunatly. It interfered with Pennsic again. Looks like I'm going to miss Katsucon because I'm getting married that weekend. :b Looks like I might have to show up to Anime USA to get my con fix...

Can't say I'm too surprised that Jeff got the boot, since he's been on the edge a few times. I guess he finally went over the edge with something. Too bad, he was entertaining... :D

Jason

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
At the University of Alberta where I attend, I'm taking a science fiction class (Comp. Lit 342) where the predominant theme is analysis of cyberpunk literature, and the film "Ghost in the Shell" will be shown.

I never knew that my expensive hobby would become academic :)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to chime in with a note that you guys would be interested in.

RightStuf has 33% off all Bandai DVDs this week! WOOHOO! I have been waiting for this one to come for a long time. Crest of the Stars set, here I come! :D

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I saw the Bandai sale. I looked through the listings, oddly, not much Bandai stuff interested me. I already have Bebop, CoTS, BoTS, my fiancee has Please Teacher. Too bad, good deals. CoTS is a really good deal w/ got anime, about $30, good for your budget, Tony!

Hey, quick question: anybody have the X TV soundtrack CD that just came out? I was definitely considering picking it up.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Oh damn! I wish you hadn't pointed that out. The Big O any good? Collectors set going for ~$28 after coupon.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Brendan:

That's cool. I was able to take a horror film class my senior year in college. It's nice when school and fun overlap :).

John.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I can't get anything from this sale... they already cleaned me out with the Pioneer sale/Magic Knight Rayearth...

BASTARDS! :D

Eric F

Screenwriter
Big O seems to be halfway decent from what I'm reading. That and the Crest of Stars. Anything else good on there?

Deal of the week:
All 14 Robotech DVDs for $67! Damn! I paid more than 2x as much. Yes, I know it's not Macross, but it's worth it. If you want to get someone a nice present or start them off on anime, this is a fun, cheap way to do it.

Anyone find how to buy a GotAnime membership and use it on the first order? I can't seem to find it.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Thanks- The Robotech deal is deserving a post on DVDTalk, so grab it fast because once I post it they won't have it long.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Sigh. Overstock.com is still cheaper w/shipping and 10% off coupon.

I guess I'll have to wait for some really good deal (I don't have) before I buy from Rightstuf.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Wow it's slow...Anyway, I had some good news on my end. I was found out today that I got a job offer from a company that I was really looking forward to working for. Obviously, I accepted it as soon as I found out :). No more being unemployed woo hoo!

John.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
congrats on being one of the gainfully employed john! now you'll have to figure out how to post while you're at work. :)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, guys! It sounds like I'll be busy at work, but somehow, I think I'll manage to post on my lunch or something :). I'm going to run down to Uwajimaya and Kinokuniya again, and see if they have LH 14 in yet. They'll probably have it by now. When I was down there on Wednesday, I also looked for the Japanese versions, but I couldn't find them. Found lots of other ones, though :).

John.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
question on trigun.

but first i have to take back what i said about the show (like anyone remembers) from before. i previously stated that vash was just too "goofy" for me. but, just as everyone said, as the series progresses, you see what he's really about. great show!

so, i was in my local comic store, saw the action figure, and just *had* to get it. so my question is: why is the show called "trigun"? my girlfriend asked, but i had no clue...as usual.

on a side note, i don't recommend you bring your girlfriend with you...ever...to a comic store. :) as we were leaving, the store employee noticed someone trying to reach something on a high shelf. he proceeded to shout out "use the force", then someone else chimed in something about a jedi-mind trick. :laugh: my girlfriend looked at me, looked at my new action figure, looked at the employees and everyone inside....then proceeded to shake her head despondently. i don't think she's ever been so mortified in her life. :D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Ted, HAHAH! Wow. She must have been thinking "I am NEVER coming with Ted to this store again!" That is just great.

Rob, I think you have a very good policy!

Ah damn. I had better get CotS ordered soon! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks