What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion Part V (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Millenium Actress is having its US theatrical release on Sep 12th.
Yeah, and nowhere near DC. :angry: You'd think companies would put theatrical releases in an area with two of the largest anime conventions on the east coast... :rolleyes

JohnAD,

Have fun with Vandread! A very fun series, and better than what I was expecting...

Jason

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Hi Hi minna-san!

I'm back from a small short hiatus.

Anyway, Haibane Renmei...wonderful series...watched it a 2nd time around, and still cried starting from ep 6, but really from ep 9 and onward. What an ending...

And that marble drink is called Ramune, which is made out of rice...it's basically carbonated rice drink.

Onegai Twins rock yo. Love the incestual love affair. ;D

Gotta recommend Last Exile when it comes out. Watched up to ep 22 this past weekend with my friends. Wow, 4 more episodes to go and this series is getting so intense. We will be marathoning Scrapped Princess next, I believe, which is also a great show.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Kong:

Good to hear about Haibane Renmei. I was undecided, but now, I think I'm going to get it.

I wonder if they sell Ramune here in the states. Well, I'll be going to Uwajimaya and Kinokuniya tomorrow after my interview. Hopefully, I'll be drinking Ramune and reading Love Hina 14 :).

Jason:

Or even here in Seattle. Oh, well...the DVD is coming out soon, so I can wait.

John.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Rob:

Cool :)

Mark:

I haven't seen it. I'm a little busy with the 9 series that I'm collecting now. All I know about it is that it's based on a video game.

John.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Well, I bought something today. Duh. Spineshank's new album, and it kicks 15 different kinds of ass all at once. ;)

I still have tons of Orphen to finish up. Then it is on to watching my whole anime collection! I sure am covered for a while.

Tonight was really amazing at Best Buy. I was there picking up the new Spineshank album (of course ;)) and not one, not two, but THREE people looked at anime over the course of time that I was there! There might have been one other person that looked, but I am not totally sure about that. One of them even bought a volume of RahXephon!

Wow, it feels like my city is being taken over by the otakus. I feel like such a trendsetter! :D

Michael Morris

Stunt Coordinator
haha Kong is funny.

John,
What did you think of the ending to LH Manga? I am going out to get vol 14 and will see if I like it later this week. I did enjoy the ending of Love Hina Again.

It was about time Naru just told the truth about her feelings. Although everyone really already knew it was love.

I was getting a bit annoyed with her. I am also thinking of getting Haibane Renmei. Looks like a good all around series.

Picked up RahXephon vol 5 yesterday, haven't watched it yet but will tonight. I love the surround sound on Rah, makes it sound amazing.

Mike

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Oh woe we be, I'll miss Jeff Kleist dearly on the anime threads. He recently got banned from HTF. I'll miss his insights on these anime forums. :frowning:

Here's a lighted candle in your honor, Jeff.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
You can still talk to him online and I will still be seeing him every year at Otakon (and Comcon too, probably) ;) I just don't think him and middle-management around here (along with a few choice members) saw quite eye-to-eye.

You talk about him like he's dead, Kong! :D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I think it's for conduct in the Video Game area.

Wow. Things won't be the same without him here. :frowning:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmm...jeff finally got banned? well, he drove me crazy sometimes, but he definitely knew his stuff and i respected him for typing what was on his mind.

this place definitely won't be quite the same without him.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Kong:

I was wondering where Jeff went to. Too bad...he must have done something pretty wild to get completely banned.

Michael:

Unfortunately, even though my interview this morning went very well, I had no such luck with Love Hina 14. I didn't get any Ramune, either, but that's because I was lugging around a heavy backpack, and didn't want to carry any more :). I'll make another trip on Saturday, since they're sure to have the new stuff out by then. Kinokuniya did have Kare Kano 5, but of course, that came out on Tuesday. I did like the ending of Love Hina Again, but knowing that there are two more books' worth of story left me with the feeling of 'where's the rest?'. I was rather shocked after rewatching the series in its entirety how much of the story got changed in the conversion to the anime. I knew from the first time that changes had been made, but since I've recently reread the mangas, I guess I wasn't aware of how many were made.

John.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Interesting post here - I have RahXephon vol 1 in from greencine this week (since Friday or so). With school again now, I haven't gotten to it yet (that, and I'm finishing season 5 of Babylon 5 somewhat obsessively in my spare time). She normally squints at me (and my friend who loves giant robot stuff) when giant robot anime comes up (admittedly I'm not a giant robot guy). She watched a little Evangelion, but only partway through disc 2. She normally likes that shonen? fantasy stuff the most - like Fushigi Yugi, Ceres, 12 Kingdoms; and romantic comedy stuff like Please Teacher/Chobits (and especially Lain and Haibane).

Anyway, back to my point. She really really liked RahXephon. Enough that she keeps bugging me to watch it and offered to split it with me. But I have the last disc of Berserk in hand, and 5.5 eps of B5 S5 to finish off.

Anyway, I don't know what my point was here, except that RahXephon sucked in someone normally not really keen on the giant-robot genre. I thought that it was interesting. It must be really good - I guess I will know come Sunday or so. :)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Morgan:

RahXephon vol. 5 has some good episodes. Lots of new info and plot advancement. Now October's just got to get here faster :).

John.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks