What's new

Adire's latest product (Read: 12+ Tumults in 1) (1 Viewer)

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
For the cost...I'd say one real world application is for theaters. Face it, the bass in a large theater is nothing like you get at home with a decient sub.

For home use...I suppose you could use it to check the calking around all your windows and doors..

Ryan T

Second Unit
I don't think big theaters would have much interest in it. They need REALLY high sensitivity woofers that only go down to 30 HZ or so. At least thats what the guy I talked to said (He used to be the head tech guy on staff at a theater). Maybe that has changed though. I would imagine people with large home theaters or private screenign rooms would buy it but I dunno.

Ryan

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I still haven't heard the Parthenon. They didn't have it running today either. I'll swing by the RE booth and hear their version of it tomorrow before I take off.

I did get to hear the Everest today. I like it. :D

I heard the two 6.5" + ribbon yesterday and the 4" XBL drivers today. Both are very nice.

Unfotunately there was no 6" Sonotube with one of the 6.5" drivers . :frowning:

It was nice to meet Dan, Dr. Hyre, Chris, and Kyle.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Dan said he could make a version of the Parthenon with a 48x48" baffle it would display over 450L of air. That's 90 Tumults! He said he had all sorts of people talking to him about them for odd uses (like canceling out the sound from smokestacks).

As Dan explained it 1 48x48" driver could essentially fill an arena sized venue with deep bass.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Here are the two RE drivers using the same motor type. Unfortunately the 6" unit wasn't working right because the amp had fried. :frowning:

Also, if you want to use the pictures to post them in another forum or someplace else, that's fine, but use your own host.

AllanRW

Second Unit
Thanks for the input.
After they get back in the next few days I will get a low down from Bob.

Yes I have meet Dan and Chris very very people.
As i make a few trips with Bob from CSS down to Seattle .

Al

TimForman

Supporting Actor
I was told that it'll be a couple of weeks before they have it working. There's an issue with the voice coils that needs to be ironed out. Fortunately, I don't live that far from their office so I suspect I'll be making the drive to Lynnwood soon. I can't think of an application I would use this for, however, Adire was showing two other driver designs that are extremely interesting, both using their XBL2 motor. Great stuff!

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I saw the stroke of the new P-motor. Dan had a couple of batteries hooked up to it to demo the movement, and I am STILL impressed! We discussed the 6.5" at length and I predict that Adire will SPANK Scan-Speak in the not too-distant future! The 4" looks very interesting also.;)

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Right on Hank! I listened to both those drivers and they are impressive. Had a nice talk with Bob Reimer too. You may have been standing next to me in that little room without knowing but it was kinda crowded. Here's some pics.

T.H.E. Show

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Tim,

From the site you linked to:

Either it isn't an Everest or it uses two Tumults and four 18" passive radiators from Stryke Audio. :confused:

AllanRW

Second Unit
Tim and Hank glad to see you liked the little 4" as well as the 6 with XBL.
The 4 has a way to go yet as you said but the low end of the driver is all there plus some.

Love them Liner spray cabinets AGAIN.

Al
Makes you listen to the speaker not look at the cabinet:

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Tim, wish I could have met you in person. Thanks for the photos - good rememberance of the show.
Allan, yes, the 4" has potential to be THE small FR driver on the planet, just as the 6.5" has the same potential as THE mid-woof. From now on, you shall be TruckBed Liner! :D AllanRW, a.k.a. TBL!

AllanRW

Second Unit
Thanks Hank for the kind words.
Talked to Bob yesterday and he is heading this way for a few more finished 1.0 speakers today.In the TBL.
From the reviews the 4" got if he had a few thousand made they would have sold to a few OEMs on the spot.

But I think the 4" is going to be revamped to go out as high as it can but still maintaining the XBL.So the one at the show is not the finished model from what I am told.

But glad you liked the work in progress.

MR TBL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks