What's new

Adding the rear center channel, worth it? 6.1 (1 Viewer)

Eduardo Ma

Grip
Hello
Not too fancy system, love how it sounds
Onkyo 700 Bose Acustimass 10 speakers, cerwin vega 12" (for bass enhacmenet) 38" Sony Wega
I wanted to have a 6th channel (center rear) you can add that to my new onkyo 700
I have already read about it
Within next week I will have the opportunity to buy that extra channel
Is it really worth it?
Ed :b

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I am having the same situation right now. My problem is that my chair and couches are already at the back wall. So that center speaker would be right over your head. After talking to a number of folks I have decided to stay with the 5.1

If you have room behind your rear seating area then it probably would be worth it.

Eduardo Ma

Grip
Hello
Mike

Well my rear center would be placed too right above my head, same situation as yours :frowning:
stay with 5.1?
Let see other posts
ed;)

Rus Bowisc

Stunt Coordinator
Just recently started a budget 5.1 set... and I've been having the same thoughts. Wondering if there's even enough material on 6.1 yet to warrant the move, in addition to having my sofa right up against the rear wall as well. Also, I'd have to trade in my AVR125 receiver (I have until 8/5 to do so).

I was thinking of maybe putting the rear center up high, tilted down, but figure I may have problems with it gelling together with the L/R surround speakers.

So I'm staying put for now. Until we move to a bigger place... unless I re-arrange our living space (24' x 12') so that fronts are firing along the 24' dimension.

Darn those bird cages! ;)

Bowisc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks