Adam-12 Season 4

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Barbara.G, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Barbara.G

Barbara.G Stunt Coordinator

Adam-12 Season 4, February 23, 2010. Hurray SHOUT!

2. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Ohhh, cool. Count me in, and thanks for the info!

3. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    I am glad to hear about this. I keep hoping we'll see Adam 12 make all the way through the series and this is another step in that direction.

4. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Season 4 of "Adam-12" contained an episode where the storyline was continued on an episode of the short-lived Robert Conrad series "The D.A.". Although I once informed Shout! about this and that they would be advised to license the episode for a S4 set, I'm not about to hold my breath waiting for them to actually come through on that.

That said, this is the one title of Shout's I'll continue to buy and I am glad it's continuing.

5. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert
    I think this is good news because S4 is coming much quicker than S3 came after S2. Why, I have some hope we may even see 2 seasons of Adam 12 in '10.

6. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

I wonder why Season 3 came out 11 months after Season 2. We'd probably be on Season 5 by now otherwise. But at least were getting them. Three more to go!

7. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Screenwriter

Willard
    I wonder when we will get news about the next season of Simon and Simon.

8. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    Kind of ironic that Adam-12, which was given up as dead several years ago, is now fast approaching equaling the number of releases Emergency! has had (Looks like it could tie sometime in 2010), with Emergency! appearing to possibly be the one stalled now despite being so close to the end (Last two season releases were announced in mid October, though season 2 and 3 were announced in November so there is still hope).

9. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    The only thing that was killing Adam-12, and other Universal shows for me, was the stupid double sided discs that wouldnt work. I KNOW they had a high fail, and return rate for many of the shows that were on that type of disc.

I used to own Adam-12 season 1, but one of the discs stopped playing. So, id be as happy as could be if SHOUT! wanted to redo the first season as well...some time.

I wouldnt mind seeing some Dragnet too!

10. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Yes, those double-sided discs Universal used I think are the chief cause for why a lot of titles ended up abandoned. The failure rate I had with Universal DVD-18s was just maddening. S1 could indeed use a redo, and "Dragnet" needs to finally be rescued from one and done land.

11. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Yeah, you guys are right about those DVD-18 Uni "bad old days" defects. The fault was traced to a mfg plant in Mexico. Once they got it corrected, things smoothed out with Uni's releases, iirc. I haven't pulled out that Adam-12 S1 set in a while but I've had fairly good luck with the Uni DVD-18's from that era with other shelf sets. I recently pulled out a couple other Uni 18 sets and they still play ok so far.

I'd probably double-dip if Shout! re-issued that Adam-12 S1 set on 1-sided DVD's.

12. BobSchneider

BobSchneider Second Unit

Im happy too to see Adam 12 s4 is coming out in Feb 2010 it will be a nice late happy B day to me gift

13. Rodney

Rodney Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Count me in on cheering this news! I hope we will have the opportunity to get the entire run.
    Jack, that is interesting news about "The D.A." That would be a neat extra feature for this.

14. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

Yeah, what's the deal with Dragnet? Surely you'd think Shout would be interested in it. Or is Universal not willing to license it out?

15. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

I have a copy of Season 4 - will check it out tonight in regard to video quality - should be no surprises. Just glad I don't have to wait any longer! Not that helps those of you still still anticipating.

16. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    While it's pretty clear Shout didn't want to pay to get the crossover episode transfered since no tape transfers exist (Shout claimed they looked and couldn't even find the masters, even though I've been assured that The D.A. is intact in Universal's vaults from someone in the know, which leads me to conclude they just didn't want to pay to get 1 episode transferred from film), is it by chance included on this set as a bonus?

17. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

I went over the listed episodes and there are no extras - just the 24 original episodes - which seem to be sharper with better color overall than the previous seasons. I have only watched the first two episodes so far and hopefully this will hold true for all of them. The only negative is that it is unfortunate there were only 24 episodes in total. It is too easy to finish a season.Here are some pictures of the of the slim cases and back of the slipcover.

http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/9/95/avatar-60-9.jpg[/img]][​IMG][/img]

http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/e/e8/avatar-60-7.jpg[/img]][​IMG][/img]

http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/e/ef/avatar-60-2.jpg[/img]][​IMG][/img]

18. Jack P

Jack P Producer

It's unfortunate that there wasn't some way of getting the "D.A." episode to finish the story begun on "Adam-12" (though it doesn't end on any cliffhanger note, it's still not satisfying to see someone as important as Robert Conrad show up for a too brief appearance). I would have been happy just to see some beat-up 16mm print contributed by a collector if it was too expensive to utilize the one in Universal's vault.

19. William Miller

William Miller Stunt Coordinator

I've been trying to find out for 25 years why Jack Webb named his production company Mark VII.

Anybody know the answer?

20. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    There is some discussion of this without a definitive answer in the book, "Just the Facts, Ma'am", the authorized biography of Jack Webb.