Acura TL CD player problem.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Jay H, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    My father has a '02 Acura 3.2TL, the CD player in the dashboard is reading an E-01 code and not ejecting the CD, anybody know the proper way to manually get the CD out?

Do you think the manual will mention something of this? The car is out of warantee too so not trying to go to the dealer.

Jay

2. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Well.. the 2006 Acura TL has a DVD-Audio player, so just tell your mom that your dad needs an "upgrade". [​IMG]

3. Chad_K

Chad_K Extra

I would not suggest trying to manually pulling ths cd out. If you have the security code for the radio I would try disconnecting power to the unit to reset it. If that does not work then you are pretty much going to have to look at a replacement.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    OK, I try the hard boot... My father does have a DVD drive, but I think that is in the trunk because that is for the Navigation option, which he has. However, I think it has an in-dash CD player that is the culprit here.. It's been a while since I've been in it though...

Jay

5. EvanW

EvanW Stunt Coordinator

uh, watch out before u reset the power to the car, u might do more damage then good, if ur dash decided to reset, thats not always good.