What's new

Actors who were seriously mis-cast as villians. Who get's your vote? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Gregory Peck as an evil Nazi in THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL.

Christopher Walken in VIEW TO A KILL (although he's made a very effective villain in other movies)

Bela Lugosi in BRIDE OF THE MONSTER (sorry, Bela)

Oh, God... there are so many...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
WOW! A vote for Robert Patrick in T2! Didn't expect that one, IMO he is one of the most relentless and terrifying villians to ever grace the screen. I know I wouldn't want him on my ass, that's for sure! :frowning:

I liked Bogosian in Under Seige 2. He wasn't so much a scary villian as he was a little psychotic computer hacking twerp who happened to be in the company of killers far scarier than he was and I think he knew it, notice how he cowars out of the way when the shit hits the fan.

A second vote for Stephen Dorff in Blade. He was just pathetic, I expected Wesley to just stop using his martial arts skills, casually walk up to him and wring that little jerks neck! :laugh:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Any film with Andy Griffith as the bad guy -- c'mon now.

I also though Patrick was a great T2.

Bogosian was a different kind of villian and it didn't both me at all.

Brandon B

Second Unit
Willem in Spiderman did not work for me. I think he would have seemed more threatening if he had underplayed it instead.

BB

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Perhaps, but that is the topic of the thread, and I do feel he had some pretty good character points in the admittedly lackluster script that a really good ham could have run with...and Murray is known for being a scene chewing hamster...so in the end while the film itself was indeed stinky at its core I still feel that Murray gave in a lackluster performance to match.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Robert De Niro in The Untouchables......just kidding.;)

Sting in DUNE & The Bride, I mean...come on....it's Sting.
"I WILL KILL HIM!!":D

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
The guy who played Drake in Blade Trinity or even worse is they guy who played Dracula in Dracula 2000. They were so miscast that I don't even want to go to IMDB to find out who they were to give them a chance in any other film I might happen to see them in.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Christopher Lloyd in Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock. C'mon, Reverend Jim could never make a convincing villain.

James T

Screenwriter
YES!

I also watched SIN CITY last night and although not really a bad-bad guy, I thought Michael Madson was totally out of place. It's like he showed up for 10 minutes as a favour to QT. I was cringing through his whole performance. He just didn't seem comfortable.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
I'm astonished nobody's mentioned the 1990s equivalent of Plan 9 - The Avengers. Sean Connery chewing the scenery as the baddie Sir August, Ralph Fiennes as Steed and Uma as Mrs Peel. In the climactic fight I was cheering on Sir Sean in the fight with Fiennes' pissy pox-doctor's clerk.

Sean Connery - goodie
Ralph Fiennes - baddie

Uma Thurman in bad wig - bad
Uma Thurman in Kill Bill - awesome.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

True, but Pryce was a great bad guy in Something Wicked This Way Comes....just about the only great thing in that film IMO.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks